This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

To my college best friend:

There is a moment in every person’s life when they realize that they have found their soulmate…and I’m pretty sure I found mine.

And when I say soulmate, I’m not referring to the man I’ll wake up to for the rest of my life, I’m talking about the random girl in Photoshop class, complaining about her recent break up that changed my life forever.

That’s you.  

I know this thank you is long overdue. I also know that I will probably, unintentionally forget to thank you for a million important things by the end of this letter but I’ll do the best I can.

Thank you for always being honest with me. 

You never fail to tell me how it is. We all need a friend like that and I’m so thankful you’re mine.

Thank you for always making me feel so good about myself. 

You build me up when I’m not feeling my best. There are too many girls tearing each other down in this world and you never do. For that, I’m grateful.

Thank you for always laughing with me. 

I’m sure that 99.9% of the time we’re laughing at each other, rather than with each other, but it’s my favorite thing to do. Nobody makes me laugh harder than you do, but you already knew that. 

Thank you for always having my back. 

It is so nice knowing that you’re always there when I need you. There have been many days that I wouldn’t have survived without you. I’m so lucky to have you in my life.

Thank you for being someone I can look up to you. 

Not only are you beautiful, smart and absolutely hilarious, you’re a really, really good person, with a really big heart. You bring out the best in me. I love you for that.

Thank you for the random Facetime calls, school night sleepovers and Chick Fil A dates.

Thank you for introducing me to Starbucks iced coffee, Top Ramen with Colby Jack cheese and for overusing the big mouth Snapchat filter with me.

Thank you for being my road trip companion and for letting my sleep in your bed in between classes.

Seriously, thank you for being a constant in my life.

College is such a crazy time. Things change so fast and so often and the best feeling is knowing you’re right there by my side, taking on this crazy world together.

I guess I need to thank our ex boyfriends too.

They’re the reason we had something to bond over in Photoshop class that day. I knew that break up happened for a reason, and now I know you were it.

Love you, mean it.

With the end of the school year upon us, take time to thank your college best friend for all he or she does. College would be impossible without them. Thank you goes a long way and it’s so important to make the special people in our lives, feel appreciated!

Winthrop University is a small, liberal arts college in Rock Hill, SC.