Symone Lee ’16: Enactus Co-VP

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

Name: Symone Lee

Major: Business Administration, Marketing Concentration

Year: Senior

Hometown: Charleston, South Carolina

Roles on Campus: Enactus Co-Vice President A. Bevy Member 

Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

In five years, I see myself moving to San Francisco and working for a Fortune 500 company like Gap which owns Banana Republic Old Navy and so on. I plan to work with on product management and development.

Can you describe your perfect date?

My perfect date would be intimate and romantic. If a man were to prepare a meal or some of my favorite dishes I would be in heaven.

What is your favorite sport and sporting team?

My favorite sport to play is softball, however, my favorite sport to watch is basketball. My favorite player is Lebron James.

What did you do this past summer?

This summer I worked two jobs and had an internship in Public Affairs with the American Red Cross. I also traveled to Miami for my 21st birthday.

What are your plans this fall semester?

My plans are to stay focus and make the Presiden’ts List because I really want to keep my GPA high before applying for graduate school. I also plan to enjoy my senior year with my friends and make lasting memories. I also plan on revamping my youtube channel it will be mostly about fashion fitness and fun.

Favorite place on campus?

Thurmond it is where I have most of my classes and get to learn about my future.

One of your favorite hobbies?

My favorite hobby is finding new artists to listen to. I’m always on soundcloud, youtube and various hip hop sites to find new music.

One of your hidden talents?

One of my hidden talents is being able to twirl a baton. I used to take lessons when I was younger and I haven’t lost the skill.

Are you an introvert or extrovert?

I’m definitely an extrovert. I come off shy at first but I am very social.

Intresting fact about yourself?

I have been to every state except two Alaska and Hawaii.

One thing you are great at?

I’m great at storytelling and finding humor in horrible situations.

Favorite season?

Fall. It’s such a happy season and less stressful than Christmas. There’s sweater weather, Black Friday and Thanksgiving. It is the best because I’m always surrounded by family when I’m home for the holidays.

Favorite holiday?

Thanksgiving. My grandma is a beast in the kitchen. Even though she makes turkey for everyone else she always makes a juicy steak just for me.

One thing you like about summer?

I like going home and playing with a local Women’s softball league most of the ladies are over thirty, and give great advice.

Do you have a person who inspires and motivates you?

My brother inspires me, he has created his own videography business and it has really taken off. He has worked with Fetty Wap, Take Off from Migos, and is constantly expanding his brand.

Favorite celebrity, why?

Nicki Minaj because she represents triumph, creativity and being a boss. She rather create trends than follow them. She is also inspiring because of her background and how she overcame those circumstances by utilizing her talents personality and strong work ethic.

Who do you look up to?

I look up to myself because one day I want to be a standard of success and beauty in my own right.

I am a Mass Communications major at Winthrop University with a minor in theatre. I enjoy reading, writing, singing, blogging, traveling, photography and all things newsworthy(media, fashion and entertainment). I also love having fun and doing quality professional work. I enjoy volunteering with various organizations one in particular SOAR. A fun fact about myself is that I enjoy figure-skating and I use to take piano lessons. I truly enjoy being in the company of my family, friends and church family and I love helping others. I am excited about this opportunity, as I am looking forward to learning and passing it on.
Winthrop University is a small, liberal arts college in Rock Hill, SC.