The Sweetest Spots to Get Dessert in Charlotte

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

We must admit that deep down everyone has a sweet tooth. Of course, some people – like me – haven’t really embraced their sweet tooth, but I am here to tell you that I have slowly begun to embrace it and I am oh so happy that I’ve done so!

When you haven’t eaten a lot of sweets in your life, it’s almost impossible to know all of the good spots to go to, which is why I’ve decided to come up with this list to help you navigate your way through all the SWEET spots in Charlotte!

1. Duck Donuts

If you ever want to explore your donut options, Duck Donuts is the way to go! They have donuts that have maple icing with bacon bits on top. Can you say YUM?!

2. Crave Dessert Bar

Yes, a dessert bar! Not only do they have dessert platters, but they also have dessert inspired beverages. They have desserts and drinks here, but there is also a hookah lounge! Girl’s night out, anyone?

3. Rita’s Italian Ice

You can never go wrong with Italian ice! Rita’s has some of the BEST custard that you will have ever tasted. Don’t believe me? How about we go out and try some? ;)

4. Ninety’s Sandwiches and Ice Cream

Not only does this place have endless ice cream choices, but you can also get your ice cream in a donut sandwich! From simple flavors to extravagant cereal inspired flavors, your choices are endless!

5. Insomnia Cookies

One of the best places to get cookies! They have some of the greatest cookies, hands down, and they stay open pretty late! Not to mention, they also DELIVER!

Add these 5 locations to your travel list, Collegiettes, and treat yo’ self to some awesome dessert! I’m positive you won’t regret it! Be sure to tag us on instagram (@hcwinthrop)!

Itzel Lara

Winthrop '20

Itzel Lara is a junior Social Studies Education major at Winthrop! She has hopes of becoming a high school teacher, and work her way up to teaching at a university! She has been a staff writer for Her Campus Winthrop for 3 years! One of the many reasons why Itzel loves Her Campus is because of the love that everyone has for one another – Her Campus has been a home away from home for her. She is originally from Los Angeles, California and relocated to South Carolina to continue her education. She is absolutely obsessed with giraffes! She loves exploring new places - especially waterfalls! If she's not binge watching something on Netflix then she's probably napping or hanging out with her dog, Jasper! Follow her on instagram (@ItzelCeleste_)! 
Winthrop University is a small, liberal arts college in Rock Hill, SC.