Steadman Boston: President of Sigma Alpha Epsilon

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

Name: Steadman Boston

Major: Middle Level Education

Hometown: Aiken, South Carolina

What has been your greatest accomplishment in your college career?

My greatest accomplishment in my college career has been creating a scholarship that was presented by SAE to a local high school senior that has special needs. 

Why did you choose Winthrop University?

I decided to attend Winthrop because of our outstanding College of Ed. 

What all are you involved in on campus?

Resident Assistant, Teaching Fellow, Sigma Alpha Epsilon 

Why did you join SAE?

I joined SAE to help build an organization that will not only impact the lives of brothers, but the community and the children of the Children Miracle Network which is our Philanthropy.

Why did you become the president of SAE?

I became the president of SAE to help us reach our goal of a charter, improve brotherhood, build a strong chapter, and to try and be a blessing in all of my brother’s lives. 

What has been the greatest accomplishment you have achieved with your brothers?

The biggest accomplishment I have attained with my brothers is creating the John Deas Scholarship that is to be presented every year to a senior in high school that is in need to help them go to college. John Deas is our chapter advisor. 

Is there anything you want to do before you graduate?

Before I graduate I would like to help my brothers get a Chapter charter from our National Head Quarters and to continue to build a diverse chapter. 

If you could give advice to your younger self, what would you say?

If I could give advice to my younger self it would be to express to people how much you care about them because you never know when they may no longer be with you. 

How do you want to be remembered here at Winthrop?

I would like to be remembered at Winthrop as the RA that impacted the lives of so many of his residents and as the president of SAE that lived up to the values of being a True Gentleman. 

Rayana Briggs, native from Columbia, S.C., is obtaining her B.A. in Theatre: Musical Theatre at Winthrop University. She is receiving training as a singer, actress, dancer, performer, and technical crew member. In regards to her minor, Rayana chose Women's Studies to expand her understanding of feminist ideas and their roles/experiences throughout history and across the world. She also added Leadership as a minor to acquire skills such as: communicating effectively, working diligently with others, executing developed plans, and other various skill sets. Alongside those passions, Rayana has the platform to utilize these skills as an Orientation Leader, Ambassador, S.H.I.E.L.D. Mentor, and Her Campus Winthrop Writer. Overall, Rayana is a passionate young woman who cares about those around her. In doing so, she provides them with the proper resources when they are accessible. Upon graduation, Rayana wants to work with Student Affairs.
Winthrop University is a small, liberal arts college in Rock Hill, SC.