Style > Beauty

Spring Has Sprung: The Her Campus 2018 Spring Break Survival Kit

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

Now that spring has officially sprung, Her Campus is helping Collegiettes get ready for the sun by keeping our everyday hair, skin and handiwork-needs fulfilled with the 2018 Spring Survival Kits.

You *HAVE* to check out all the amazing goodies from the Her Campus sponsors that are perfect for spring. 

Alba Botanica Hawaiian Sunscreen SPF 30 – 1 oz  The first thing to add to your spring shopping list is some sunscreen. Now that the sun has finally come out after that long, cold winter, you need to keep in mind that your skin will be extra sensitive to the sun — and if you aren’t properly prepared, the rays can really be damaging to your skin. So, head to Target or your local pharmacy and pick up the Alba Botanica Hawaiian Sunscreen!  This travel sized lotion is perfect to fit in your purse, backpack or pool bag to protect you from the harmful springtime rays, allowing you to still enjoy your time outside. They’re the perfect little gifts for you and your friends as well. With its high intensity protection, water resistance up to 80 minutes and the recommendation from the Skin Cancer Foundation, this is some SPF you need to pick up ASAP!

Bed Head™ by TIGI ‘Superstar’ SUPERSTAR™ QUEEN FOR A DAY THICKENING SPRAY is a must-have this spring. It’s available in a 10.2 FL. OZ. bottle, so it’s promised to last for the entire warm-month period. The Palm Kernal Glycerides help to create volume and texture so hair feels thicker, fuller and voluminous and it conditions your hair so it feels smooth and soft.  Providing a long-lasting hold so your hair styles don’t drop out means that you absolutely need this for all of your sweet, springtime dates. 

Bed Head™ by TIGI ‘GET TWISTED’ Bed Head™ products are always a crowd — and hair! — pleaser, so make sure this gets put on your spring shopping list, too!  The Bed Head™ GET TWISTED™ ANTI- FRIZZ FINISHING SPRAY is available in a green 6.76 FL. OZ spray bottle with curves on the sides that makes holding and spraying easy. The Anti-frizz Agents in the product protects styles from frizz for up to 72 hours while the flexi-setting polymers provides long lasting hold without the stickiness. Don’t get it twisted and pick up the Bed Head™ by TIGI ‘GET TWISTED’ spray today!

Almay™ Shadow Squad Eyeshadow Collection Nothing completes your colorful spring outfit better than some colorful eyeshadows, and luckily, the Almay™ Shadow Squad Eyeshadow Collection was made with your favorite shades in mind. The four finishes include matte, satin, metallic, and of course glitter. The soft texture works for a beautiful color payoff to complete any spring look you may be rocking for the day or night. Definitely add this to your makeup bag for the spring!

BUXOM VA-VA-PLUMP™ Shiny Liquid Lipstick Another must-add and must-have for your makeup bag is the BUXOM VA-VA-PLUMP™ Shiny Liquid Lipstick.  Available in 20 intensely pigmented shades with vibrant lasting wear, Va-Va-Plump™ Shiny Liquid Lipstick is an all-in-one formula that keeps your lips comfortable and kissable from dusk til’ dawn. The innovative curved applicator connects with your lips to deliver a precise application and saturated, super-lustrous color in just one swipe. Hi-tech polymers and silicon elastomers make the formula creamy and supple, while helping prevent the intense pigment from smudging or fading. It’s perfect for a night out with the girls or for an extra boost of confidence for date night!

L’ORÉAL PARIS​ ‘Sublime Bronze’ Self-Tanning Towelettes Raise your hand if you’re skin needs some color before you reconnect with your favorite jean shorts this spring! *Raises hand* Luckily, the L’ORÉAL PARIS Self-Tanning Towelettes are here to help you prepare your skin with a smooth, streak-free medium color, giving you that natural tan. This box includes 6 quick & convenient single use wipes for your body, and the quick drying formula makes it easy to apply after your showers before or after class. The towelettes are not only easy to use, but they also deliver a streak-free, natural looking tan, and with enough self-tanner for one application, each towelette is perfect for at home or on-the-go.  Once you start you should continue to use Sublime Bronze™ until you have reached your desired level of tan and you’re ready for bikini season!

Krazy Glue Singles College life in the spring gets “Krazy” between the projects, finals and going away parties — it seems like everything is out of control and falling apart. So, use some of this Krazy Glue to put the little things back together! Whether it’s a broken earring on the way to class, your roommates coffee mug breaking in the dishwasher or your binder breaking from all the notes this semester, these little babies can fix it all. The All-Purpose Formula comes in four single-use tubes, making it easy to pack in your bag for all the “Krazy” emergencies. Twist the self-piercing nozzle to open, use and throw away. Convenient for storage case keeps your kitchen drawers and workshops organized. You can carry these in your purse, briefcase, toolbox – and keep anywhere you might need Instant Krazy Glue!

Now that all the bases are covered, we hope that your spring shopping list is complete!

But, you still haven’t had enough of our sponsors and their products? Then check out our Instagram @hcwinthrop for giveaways of these goodies. Afterall, you may just end up with a few!

And to learn more about these brands, check out their Instagrams below!

@albabotanica

@almay 

@bedheadbytigi

@buxomcosmetics

@KrazyGlueExpert

@lorealskin

Paris Enthusiast. Macaron Lover. Lacrosse Player. Avid Photo Taker. Social Media Junkie. Travel Bug. ​ Born in Dallas Texas, but raised in the cities of West Chester, Pennsylvania, and Greenville, South Carolina. Ann Marie is a twenty-one year old student athlete living in Rock Hill, South Carolina where she attends Winthrop University as a mass communication major.  ​Currently, she is the Editor-in Chief, Campus Coorespondant and one of the social media directors of her college's Her Campus chapter where she edits articles, runs her chapter, and assists in running the Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, and Pinterest page. She also helps write articles with a team of 50+ writers who put out content daily. On top of Her Campus Winthrop and classes, Ann Marie plays on the Women's Lacrosse Team at Winthrop at the Division 1 level. Over the years, Ann Marie has learned the value of hard work, developed skills of teamwork, as well as expanded her knowledge marketing, writing, editing, publishing, social media and communication skills, which will give her the ability to be successful in any field.  Outside of her busy lifestyle, she enjoys being home with her family, dogs, and twin. On the weekends she likes to plan adventures with her friends and is on the ultimate search for America's best pistachio macaron, and dreams about going back to Paris, France and eat all the baguettes France has. Her dream is to inspire people and spread positivity while becoming a travel blogger taking pictures of her adventures and sharing them with the world. Ann Marie aspires to be like Blair Waldorf and can't live without her phone, french fries, Demi Lovato music, Gossip Girl, and of course chicken nuggets.