Spring Break is almost upon us, and while you’re making plans to travel to exotic destinations (i.e. your bed) you don’t want to forget the most important part of any trip: music. Before you leave (or stay at home) for Spring Break you must stock your Ipod with a variety of music for every possible occasion and emotionally impactful event.
I have compiled a list of the best music to help you start on your journey. (As this is serious business and I don’t want anyone getting confused, Artists are listed first with individual songs and albums following the colons. The albums are in quotes and the individual songs are in italics).
If you are a certified hipster and love Indie Pop/Electronica, check these out:
1. BØRNS: 10,000 Emerald Pools and Electric Love
2. Alt-J’s album: “This is All Yours”
I recommend this song from the album.
3. Jaymes Young’s two EP’s: “Dark Star” and “Habits of the Heart”
I recommend this song.
4. BROODS: Never Gonna Change, Bridges, and Mother and Father
5. MØ’s album: “No Mythologies to Follow”
I recommend listening to this song.
6. CHVRCHES’ album: “The Bones of What You Believe”
This song is fabulous.
7. GROUPLOVE: Tongue Tied and Ways to Go
8. Houses’ album: “A Quiet Darkness”
This gives me so many feelz.
9. NONONO: Pumpin Blood and Hungry Eyes
10. London Grammar’s album: “If You Wait”
If you like to be a subtle hipster and lean toward Alternative Rock/Indie Rock, these are for you:
1. Kodaline’s album: “In a Perfect World”
WARNING: This song will make you cry.
2. Bastille’s albums: “Bad Blood” and “All This Bad Blood” and “VS.”
These are my favorite Bastille songs.
3. Little Green Cars: The John Wayne and My Love Took Me Down to the River
4. Family of the Year: Hero
5. ARCHIS: Blood and Bittersweet
6. Amber Run: I Found and Hide and Seek
7. Daniel James: A Lonely Man and Jackdaw
8. Little Dume: Dangerous Man
9. Chelsea Wolfe: Feral Love
10. Tegan and Sara: The Con
If you go for the popular music that’s awesome until it’s overplayed, these are good options:
1. Vance Joy: Riptide
2. John Legend and Common: Glory
3. Lorde: Yellow Flicker Beat and Everybody Wants to Rule the World
4. Florence and the Machine: What Kind of Man
5. Pentatonix: Say Something
6. Ed Sheeran’s album: “X”
I like this one.
7. Hozier’s self-titled album: “Hozier”
(Contrary to popular belief, this is the best song on the album).
8. Taylor Swift’s album: “1989”
(This one is pretty cool, although majorly overplayed).
9. Mark Ronson and Bruno Mars: Uptown Funk
10. Nick Jonas: Jealous
Most of these songs can be found on Spotify, Youtube, or Soundcloud. Have at it and treat your ears to my fabulous musical taste over Spring Break!