This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

It’s that time of year, collegiettes: dreaded finals season.  Hours of studying and preparation, accented by the quiet playing of your favorite study mix in the background.  But, if you’re reading this, I can only assume you’re taking a break (or, procrastinating, as I’m doing while writing this).  Before you go back to hitting the books, check out eight great songs to get you up and moving during your study breaks!

Work This Body – Walk the Moon

Listening to this song makes me feel like I’m at some huge festival, where everyone’s dancing and colored powder is being thrown everywhere.  It’s perfect for getting out of that finals mindset, even if only for a few minutes.

Bad Boys – Zara Larsson

The only way I can think to describe this song and video is addictive. (Also, she was sixteen in this video.  Sixteen!)

Body Heat – Selena Gomez

After hearing this, I was shocked that this wasn’t chosen as a single.  How could anyone resist a beat as infectious as this?

Humain à l’eau (DJ Snake Remix) – Stromae

Okay, I cheated a little bit…this one’s in French.  But DJ Snake, the man behind “Get Low,” turns Stromae’s electronic hit into a beat that will definitely get you dancing, regardless of the language barrier.

Hair – Little Mix

The perfect song for washing finals out of your hair.  Awful pun fully intended.

Pompeii (Russ Trap Remix) – Bastille

In the interest of protecting your dignity, collegiettes, I would advise against listening to this in public.  I cannot count how many times I have embarrassed myself dancing to this (especially the last beat drop, it’s the best).

Desire – Years & Years

This song may seem like a generic electro-pop tune at first, but it’s deceptively addicting.  I have found myself listening to nothing but this song for hours.

Blue – Marina & the Diamonds

Don’t be fooled by the video game-y synths, the chorus quickly builds to create a dancey break-up track.  It’s also fun to sing this to your notes.                           

Happy studying, collegiettes!

Winthrop University is a small, liberal arts college in Rock Hill, SC.