timon studler BIk2ANMmNz4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
timon studler BIk2ANMmNz4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

‘Simply Complicated’: A Documentary About Demi Lovato

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

From drug addiction to sexuality Demi Lovato has been through a lot over the past 10 years and her documentary covers it all. 

Tuesday, October 17th Demi released candid new documentary titled, ‘Simply Complicated’ on YouTube where she opened up about her struggle with addiction, her road to recovery and coming out and embracing her sexuality.

The documentary exposes 12 revelations on Demi Lovato’s life and she handles opening up to the world with such grace.

Check it out for yourself here:

I’ve been a Lovatic (Demi fan) for a very long time and after watching her documentary I have nothing but more respect for Demi after learning about her life struggles. I only love her more for sharing her experience.

It takes a lot of bravery to do what she did, no doubt. So I hope you all consider watching ‘Simply Complicated’ and sharing her message of hope with others. 

Paris Enthusiast. Macaron Lover. Lacrosse Player. Avid Photo Taker. Social Media Junkie. Travel Bug. ​ Born in Dallas Texas, but raised in the cities of West Chester, Pennsylvania, and Greenville, South Carolina. Ann Marie is a twenty-one year old student athlete living in Rock Hill, South Carolina where she attends Winthrop University as a mass communication major.  ​Currently, she is the Editor-in Chief, Campus Coorespondant and one of the social media directors of her college's Her Campus chapter where she edits articles, runs her chapter, and assists in running the Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, and Pinterest page. She also helps write articles with a team of 50+ writers who put out content daily. On top of Her Campus Winthrop and classes, Ann Marie plays on the Women's Lacrosse Team at Winthrop at the Division 1 level. Over the years, Ann Marie has learned the value of hard work, developed skills of teamwork, as well as expanded her knowledge marketing, writing, editing, publishing, social media and communication skills, which will give her the ability to be successful in any field.  Outside of her busy lifestyle, she enjoys being home with her family, dogs, and twin. On the weekends she likes to plan adventures with her friends and is on the ultimate search for America's best pistachio macaron, and dreams about going back to Paris, France and eat all the baguettes France has. Her dream is to inspire people and spread positivity while becoming a travel blogger taking pictures of her adventures and sharing them with the world. Ann Marie aspires to be like Blair Waldorf and can't live without her phone, french fries, Demi Lovato music, Gossip Girl, and of course chicken nuggets.