Signs You’re Addicted To Your Planner

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

I love my planner a LOT. And by a LOT. I mean possibly too much. If Planner Addicts Anonymous was a thing, I would probably need to go. Suspect that you, too, might be a little too attached to your spiral-bound personal assistant? There’s only one way to find out…

1. You literally can’t plan anything without it. 

Coffee date? Netflix date? Facetime date? Nothing is too small to be penciled in.

2. You carry it everywhere (and if, God forbid, you forget to bring it, you lose a piece of yourself.)

3. It’s decked out to the nth degree. 

Maybe you don’t have a pricey Erin Condren or Lilly Pulitzer planner, (or maybe you do—this is a judgement-free zone!) but whatever you have, it’s definitely highlighted, stickered, scribbled in, Post-It noted, washi taped and decorated to mask the pain your schedule gives you (and the pain of spending money on something that’s only good for like, 12 months.)

4. It’s also probably falling apart. 

When you use something this much, it tends to look a little rough around the edges. 

5. People tend to be shocked at everything you have on your plate (and you take great glee in it).

Yeah, that IS five things on the same day at the same time. And it’s COLOR CODED. 

6. You legitimately need to consult it before commiting to something. 

CAN I do dinner on Friday with you? Let me consult my schedule, like a real adult who has her life together. 

Go forth and use those agendas to plan an awesome semester, Collegiettes! 

Winthrop University is a small, liberal arts college in Rock Hill, SC.