burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The Return of the Scrunchie

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

Everyone’s favorite accessory is making a comeback… the SCRUNCHIE!!!

This accessory is a must-have because you can style it with literally anything and everything!

It pairs well with every outfit, and not to mention they come in so many different designs! Not only do they come in different designs, but they’re also in different materials (silk, velvet, etc.) and they’re usually always just so soft! They are so easy to find! You can even get a 3-pack of them at Wal-Mart for only $2! Now that’s a steal!

Scrunchies are quite literally the best because they don’t tug on your hair like most elastic hair bands would! They also don’t leave that awkward crease in your hair (yay!) Do you ever get headaches from your hair band being tooooo tight? Well you don’t have to fear that with scrunchies! Scrunchies are neat to have because you can even DIY some! They are pretty easy to make, and you can design them pretty much however you’d like! You can also create SO many different hairstyles with a single scrunchie! A simple hairstyle can automatically look cuter just by adding a scrunchie!

If high-waisted jeans and crop tops are making a come-back, then why can’t scrunchies? Am I right? (Yes I am)

Scrunchies are hands down, the BEST accessory. Don’t worry about losing them because they’ll be easier to find than a hair tie!

Collegiettes, if you don’t have a scrunchie, are you even trendy? Tag @hcwinthrop in your Instagram posts so we can see how you style your scrunchies!!

Itzel Lara

Winthrop '20

Itzel Lara is a junior Social Studies Education major at Winthrop! She has hopes of becoming a high school teacher, and work her way up to teaching at a university! She has been a staff writer for Her Campus Winthrop for 3 years! One of the many reasons why Itzel loves Her Campus is because of the love that everyone has for one another – Her Campus has been a home away from home for her. She is originally from Los Angeles, California and relocated to South Carolina to continue her education. She is absolutely obsessed with giraffes! She loves exploring new places - especially waterfalls! If she's not binge watching something on Netflix then she's probably napping or hanging out with her dog, Jasper! Follow her on instagram (@ItzelCeleste_)! 
Winthrop University is a small, liberal arts college in Rock Hill, SC.