Ranking My Top 10 Best Christmas Songs of all Time

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

As we are in the peak of the holiday season, my favorite way to get into the Christmas spirit is by listening to my favorite Christmas songs. Tis the season!

8 Days of Christmas – Destiny’s Child

Destiny’s Child knew they had a hit on their hands when they released this one. Simply iconic.

Santa Tell Me – Ariana Grande

I feel like this song is the epitome of what being a teenage girl on Christmas feels like and I have to play it every time.

Santa Claus is Coming to Town – Jackson 5

This song reminds me so much of being a little kid and really makes me feel like Santa is real (which I like to believe he still is in my book).

Let it Snow – Boys ii Men ft. Brian McKnight

I just love the 90’s feel to this song. Also, I can always appreciate a good ballad so this takes the cake for me.

This Christmas – Donny Hathaway

Another Black house hold classic. You know Christmas dinner was gonna be good if this song was being played.

Santa Baby – Ertha Kitt

I always loved the kind of sultriness that this song has. It makes me want to be in a dimly lit restaurant, in a long red dress and a fur coat.

Silent Night – The Temptations

If you grew up in a Black household you for sure have heard The Temptation’s Silent Night. I always loved how it feels like two songs in one, they did the thing on that one.

Last Christmas – Wham!

I feel like you can never go wrong with Last Christmas. Also, every time I hear it I get the same feeling that I used to get coming home from school for Christmas break after being on a sugar rush from hot chocolate and candy canes.

All I Want for Christmas is You – Mariah Carey.

What is a favorite Christmas song list without including the most iconic Christmas song of all time? A timeless classic.

Winter Wonderland – Bryson Tiller

A newer edition in this list, Bryson Tiller’s version of Winter Wonderland featuring his daughter has a weirdly nostalgic feel and always hits for me.

Madyson Brown

Winthrop '27

Hi! My name is Madyson and I'm a freshman mass communications major at Winthrop University. I love to write about beauty, fashion, and all things pop culture!