Playlist for Hispanic Heritage Month

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

With Hispanic Heritage Month in full swing, there are a lot of ways you can celebrate. In true Hispanic form, one of the best ways to do so is by busting out your best moves. Here’s a list of Spanish songs that will get you jamming, even if you don’t speak a lick of Spanish.

1. Robarte Un Beso, Carlos Vives ft. Sebastian Yatra

This song about rekindling an old love will have you dancing around your room while you scroll through your contacts list contemplating if you should do the same. Bonus points if you show up to their door playing the accordion.

2. Si Tu La Ves, Nicky Jam ft. Wisin

This one will definitely have you bopping on your morning commute, whether you’re driving to your internship or walking to class.

3. Reggaeton Lento (Remix), CNCO ft. Little Mix

Your favorite British girl group joins forces with boy band CNCO to bring you a song that you’ll request at least 5 times next time you go out. I apologize in advance for the fact that it will be stuck in your head for the rest of time.

4. Como La Flor, Selena

We all know the late Selena Quintanilla is the queen of everything, and this ballad about having love and losing it will more than likely have you weeping on the floor about the guy who smiled at you in 2009.

5. Me Rehuso, Danny Ocean

This song will definitely make you do this:

6. La Vida Es Un Carnaval, Celia Cruz

If you want a song that will make you appreciate how great life is, this is the one. The title means “life is a carnival”, and the incredible salsa rhythm will make you appreciate being alive so you can dance to it.

7. Tu Amor Me Hace Bien, Marc Anthony

Marc Anthony songs were meant to be sang loudly or not at all, so belt this one out in the shower like you’re singing to a sold out crowd at Madison Square Garden.

8. Gasolina, Daddy Yankee

This song is a standard and will definitely bring you back to your days of crumping in the living room in 2004. I am here to tell you it is still acceptable in 2017.

9. La Bicicleta, Carlos Vives ft. Shakira

This is a sweet song about a nice bike ride through the neighborhood with your hair flowing through the wind without a care in the world. Keep an ear out for Shakira’s shamelessly calling out her husband, Pique, at the end.

10. Maria Maria, Carlos Santana

If the rhythm to this song sounds familiar, it’s because DJ Khaled sampled it in your favorite summer song, Wild Thoughts. You’ll be in playing a wicked air guitar to this.

Collegiettes, go forth and jam out. Maybe you can pick up a little Spanish while you’re at it!

Here is the link for this playlist on Apple Music: https://itunes.apple.com/us/playlist/hispanic-heritage-month/idpl.u-d2b00DltLJjqEZ

Isabella is sophomore political science major at Winthrop University. She is equal parts coffee, chick fil a, and Friends quotes. She loves her sorority, memes, traveling, petting dogs, Barack Obama, and telling bad jokes. She can connect anything to The Office and when she grows up, she wants to change the world. Check out her adventures on Instagram: @izzyazaleaxo
Winthrop University is a small, liberal arts college in Rock Hill, SC.