This One’s For The Girl…

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

The day that every single college student loathes is quickly approaching…Valentine’s Day. It is the day that the hopeless romantics swoon over their lovers and the bitter souls block out the the world for just a day. I’m not exactly sure which side of the door I will be on this year, however; I do know that no matter what side I am on, there will be music involved.

For the girl who is spending February 14th enjoying the company of something (or someone) other than netflix and Ben and Jerry, I have gathered a list of my favorite anthems of young love. 

And for the girl who plans to watch an entire season of Gossip Girl, wearing all black in order to mourn her love life; there is something here for you too! 

Pro-Valentine’s Day:

Until You by Dave Barnes

Fools Gold by Katie Herzig 

Bloom by The Paper Kites

I Will Wait by Mumford and Sons

Tell Her You Love Her by Echosmith

Tenerife Sea by Ed Sheeran

You’ve Got the Love by Florence & The Machine 

Love is Waiting by Brooke Fraser 

Hear You Me by Jimmy Eat World 

Won’t Stop by OneRepublic 

Anti-Valentine’s Day:

Heart of Gold by Ashlynne Huff

What Goes Around by Justin Timberlake

Little Bit by Lykke Li

Anti Lover by Satellite Stories 

That’s What You Get by Paramore

To Be Alone by Ben Howard 

To Keep Me Warm by Emma Louise

Part of Your Life by Aquilo

Keep On Walking by Gabrielle Aplin 

I’m Not Yours by Angus and Julia Stone 

Apology by Grace Potter and The Nocturnals 

I am Carolyn Rennix, a CoFounder of Her Campus Winthrop and a senior mass communication major at Winthrop University in Rock Hill, South Carolina. I am also the editor-in-chief of Winthrop's weekly student newspaper, The Johnsonian. I enjoy feature writing, photography and blogging -- all while drinking coffee at local shops of course. I was raised in a small seaside town, but I plan to travel and see what this world has in store for a young journalist.