This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

Happy finals week! We know the last thing you want to be doing right now is studying, but keep going! We are here to help by bringing you some ways on how to improve your memory so you can ace your finals!

Use mnemonic devices

YES those little sayings like King Phillip Came Over For Good Spaghetti and Please Excuse My Dear Aunt Sally work! Make up your own to help you remember things for your finals.

Speak out loud

You may be more of a visual learner, but it helps to also hear what you are trying to remember.

Chew mint gum

Or eat a peppermint! Studies show mint scent improves memory and problem solving.

Listen to classical music

It help you focus longer and boost your mood.

Teach what you have learned

Even if it is to your stuffed animals or another classmate, this will help you reinforce the information and identify the areas you need to study more.

Go crush those finals!

Image 1 Credit Image 2 Credit Image 3 Credit Image 4 Credit Image 5 Credit

Ali Maclay is a biology major, chemistry minor, psychology minor, and honors student at Winthrop University. She is an aspiring Neuroscientist and hopes to work at St. Jude Children's Hospital. She is the Facebook Social Media Director for Her Campus Winthrop's Facebook page, and associate member of Tri Beta Biological Honors Society, and a member of the Student Affiliates of the American Chemical Society at Winthrop. When she's not doing academic work, working at her job, or writing for HC, she's probably binge-watching Netflix, dreaming on Pinterest, stress cleaning, or eating ice cream.
Winthrop University is a small, liberal arts college in Rock Hill, SC.