Meet Theatre Major Madia Medico 17′

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

Name: Madia Medico

Major: Theatre

Academic Year: Senior

Hometown: Summerville

Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?

In five years I hope to be teaching theatre in a high school while also performing in community theatre.

Can you describe your perfect date?

Going out for ice cream and afterward browsing a book store.

What is your favorite sport or sports team?

I don’t follow sports.

What did you do this past summer?

This summer I taught at a performing arts summer camp in Charlotte, NC.

What are your plans for this fall semester?

This November I am super busy. I am assistant lighting designing Winthrop Dance theatre, I am directing a One Act festival, and I am the lighting designer for the Senior Choreography showcase. Until then my plan is to stay on top of my school work.

What is your favorite place on campus?

The whole campus is beautiful but I really enjoy scholars walk on sunny days and the lobby in Johnson Hall on other days.

Name one of your favorite hobbies?

I like to crochet

Name one of your hidden talents?

A lot of my friends don’t know I am a trained singer. I’ve been singing since I was 8 years old.

Are you an introvert or extrovert?

I am somewhere in the middle.

What is an interesting fact about you?

I was the president of my high schools Latin Club.

Tell me one thing you are great at?

I am really great at writing essays.

I am a Mass Communications major at Winthrop University with a minor in theatre. I enjoy reading, writing, singing, blogging, traveling, photography and all things newsworthy(media, fashion and entertainment). I also love having fun and doing quality professional work. I enjoy volunteering with various organizations one in particular SOAR. A fun fact about myself is that I enjoy figure-skating and I use to take piano lessons. I truly enjoy being in the company of my family, friends and church family and I love helping others. I am excited about this opportunity, as I am looking forward to learning and passing it on.
Winthrop University is a small, liberal arts college in Rock Hill, SC.