This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

Choosing a place to eat can be pretty stressful, especially if the person you’re trying to make plans with says that the choice is up to you. Way to put all the stress on me! Well, if you’re in the Charlotte area, then you’re in luck! I’ve had the privilege to explore different food joints, and now I am passing my foodie knowledge onto you!

1. Sabor Latin Street Grill

Sabor has authentic Salvadorian AND Mexican dishes. And they are the BOMB!! If you are overwhelmed by menus like I am, then I suggest you try the carne asada nachos!

2. Luciano’s Italiano Ristorante

Basically, if you love Olive Garden then you’ll love Luci’s. They have a lot of options on their menu but I recommend the Shrimp/Chicken Diavolo or the Tomato Basil Fettuccine.

3. La Michoacana

Here you can find all natural ice creams of any flavor you could possibly imagine. They have a variety of popsicles, soft serve, and other yummy snacks! It is also fruit galore, from all kinds of different stuffed fruit to strawberries and crème, you are sure to find a delicious snack there.

4. Mr. Tokyo Japanese Restaurant

Mr. Tokyo is an all you can eat Japanese restaurant. The flat rate is $20. $20 for all the food that you want? HECK YEAH.

5. Metro Diner

At Metro Diner you can get breakfast or lunch at any time. This place has such a delicious sounding menu that it was kind of hard to settle on something.

6. The Flying Biscuit

The Flying Biscuit is also a breakfast location. Here you will have some of the best grits you have ever tasted! This place is very popular so plan accordingly!

7. Bad Daddy’s

The name itself sounds slightly intimidating, and also slightly appealing. They have the BEST fried pickles, so those are a MUST have!

What do you say, Collegiettes? Are you up for a food adventure? If you visit any of these places, be sure to tag our Instagram (@hcwinthrop) on your posts!

Itzel Lara

Winthrop '20

Itzel Lara is a junior Social Studies Education major at Winthrop! She has hopes of becoming a high school teacher, and work her way up to teaching at a university! She has been a staff writer for Her Campus Winthrop for 3 years! One of the many reasons why Itzel loves Her Campus is because of the love that everyone has for one another – Her Campus has been a home away from home for her. She is originally from Los Angeles, California and relocated to South Carolina to continue her education. She is absolutely obsessed with giraffes! She loves exploring new places - especially waterfalls! If she's not binge watching something on Netflix then she's probably napping or hanging out with her dog, Jasper! Follow her on instagram (@ItzelCeleste_)! 
Winthrop University is a small, liberal arts college in Rock Hill, SC.