This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

Name: John HembreeHometown: North Myrtle Beach, South CarolinaMajor: Human Resource Management

What is your involvement on campus?I’m an active member and the Vice President of the fraternity Pi Kappa Alpha.

What made you want to run for Vice President?I figured that it was my time to take a higher a position in the fraternity and to take on more responsibility. 

What is your favorite snack?Definitley chips and salsa! 

What is your guilty pleasure?I really like going to the movies by myself! I like it because I can form my own interpretations and opinions about it without having to discuss it afterwards.

What is one nerdy thing about you?If I had to choose the nerdiest thing about me, it would be my obsession with Star Wars. I’m a huge Star Wars nerd and have been since I was a little kid.

What show do you binge watch? I’m basically always watching House of Cards, whether it’s in my dorm with my roommate or at home with my family. It’s a great show.

What do you like to do in your spare time? I love going to concerts and music festivals. My favorite concert was probably Widespread Panic.

Where do you see yourself in five years?Hopefully living and working in Charlotte! 

Emily Murphy has been with Her Campus Media since 2018, and is currently the Branded Content Associate. She was the Campus Correspondent and Editor/President at her chapter at Winthrop University for four years, but has had a passion for all things writing since she was young. When she's not scribbling ideas down for her next branded article, she's watching reruns of Seinfeld while scrolling Pinterest for apartment inspo. Follow her on Instagram at @emilysmurfy
Winthrop University is a small, liberal arts college in Rock Hill, SC.