This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

Hello all of my spooky friends! Are you stressed from all of the school work pilling up? Do you need a way to relax after a long day? Well I have found a perfect way to relax!

It’s by painting pumpkins.

With Halloween just around the corner, painting pumpkins is the perfect way to bring in the fall season. Painting pumpkins is so much more enjoyable than carving pumpkins because it’s not as messy. If you don’t want to deal with the mess that comes with carving pumpkins then this is a great alternative! Check out these 5 awesome ideas for painting pumpkins! 

1) Polka Dot Pumpkins

This is a great and easy way to decorate a pumpkin without all of the hassle. All you would have to do is paint dots in any color you like and make them whatever size you want! How easy is that? This pumpkin idea is very unique and is all up to your creative design.

2) Sugar Skull Pumpkins

This idea takes a little more time but the outcome is amazing! When painting this pumpkin, you could use all different colors and make it unique with your own colors. I would recommend using bright neon colors such as a bright blue and yellow. To add an extra step to your pumpkin, you could add a flower crown.

3) Donut Pumpkins

This one is for all of the people who are obsessed with donuts! This idea brings a very distinctive look to the pumpkin. You could also add a little sparkle to the pumpkin by putting some on the stem of the pumpkin. How could you resist this pumpkin?

4) Baseball Pumpkin

With the world series happening in the next couple weeks, this pumpkin is great to some off team spirit. This pumpkin is unique to each person because everyone likes different teams.

5) Plaid Pumpkins

How cute are these plaid pumpkins? These can be unique to each person because you could choose different colors to paint the pumpkin. These pumpkins are the easiest because all you have to do is draw lines on the pumpkins and paint them. How easy is that?

Fall is such a great time of the year! With the colder weather coming, painting pumpkins are a great way to get in the Halloween spirit. While painting the pumpkins you could also turn on your favorite Halloween movie or music!

This is the best time of the year! Have fun and happy fall, Collegiettes!

HCXO

Mariah Morris

Winthrop '19

Hello, I'm Mariah!
Winthrop University is a small, liberal arts college in Rock Hill, SC.