This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

Reindeer Chow Muddy Buddies

This is a simple, easy recipe to follow! Growing up my teachers would often make this for our classroom or sometimes we would even make it all together! Here’s How to make it:

1. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the peanut butter and butter. Microwave for 30 seconds at a time until the butter has melted. Add a bit at a time until all of the chocolate has melted into the mixture. You may need to microwave the mixture one more time to ensure that everything is melted before adding the vanilla. Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl.
  2. Half of the cereal should be placed in a large mixing dish. Half of the chocolate peanut butter mixture should be drizzled over the cereal in the bowl. Using a spoon, combine the ingredients.
  3. Put one large paper bag inside the other. 1/2 cup powdered sugar and half of the mixed cereal should be added to the bag. Tightly close this and shake it firmly. If necessary, add more powdered sugar, 1/2 cup at a time, until all of the cereal is coated. Toss in 1/4 of the M&Ms into the bag. Place mixture contents in an airtight container.
  4. Carry on with the remaining components in the same manner. Keep in an airtight container  when not in use.

For a more detailed description visit https://www.yellowblissroad.com/quick-easy-christmas-treats/

Chocolate Peanut Butter Stacks 

This has been my favorite holiday snack for YEARS! My family and I make them every year on Christmas Eve, and we devour them! They are easy and quick to make, so as soon as we run out we can whip up some more! Here’s how to make it:

1. Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper.
  2. Lay 24 crackers on a baking sheet; set aside.
  3. To a medium bowl, add the peanut butter, marshmallow creme, and stir to combine.
  4. Evenly distribute a thin layer of the peanut butter-marshmallow mixture on the 24 crackers on the baking sheet (not paper thin, but not too thick either).
  5. To make sandwiches, top with the remaining 24 crackers; leave aside.
  6. Add the chopped chocolate to a medium microwave-safe bowl and heat on high power in 15 to 30 second bursts, stirring after each burst, until the chocolate can be mixed smooth.
  7. Using one or two forks, dip each stack into the chocolate, allowing the excess to drip off. On a baking sheet, place the dipped stacks.
  8. Optionally add sprinkles, to taste.
  9. Before serving, chill or freeze the baking sheet until the chocolate has solidified.

For more detailed instructions, visit https://www.averiecooks.com/chocolate-peanut-butter-stacks/

Chocolate Pretzel Sticks

This simple delicious treat has been my favorite for years and it only takes MINUTES to create. All you have to do is melt milk chocolate, dip the pretzel sticks, and let them harden (preferably in the freezer). After that they’re good to eat! This is so simple and so delicious. If you want to make them more decorative, you could add sprinkles into the melted chocolate.

Megan Russell

Winthrop '24

19 years old, Mental Health Advocate, future educator!