This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

It’s the most dreaded time of the year!

Collegiettes, welcome to finals week: the week all college students fret, the week all students worry about and wish to end ASAP. But, with every finals week comes the end to a semester and thankfully, after the most dreaded time of the year comes the most wonderful time of the year- Winter Break! 

To get you ready and in the mood for finals, to begin the end of the semester slump, the cast of Stranger Things (who have battled the scary and horrible Demogorgon) will explain the scary week of finals: 

1. ALL OF THE FREE FOOD: 

Can we just talk about how much of a blessing it is to have so much free food on campus during finals week. From Dacus, to Digs and of course, the great Krispy Kreme doughnuts.

2. CUP O’ JOE:

Take a break from studying- remember, in the words of Chief Hopper, “mornings are for coffee and contemplation!”

3. THE MIND BLOCK: 

How many times have you caught yourself overthinking EVERYTHING?!? Trust me, same. Nancy is obviously all of us as we are taking finals and trying to come up with a game plan for just getting to the end. 

4. YOU HAVE THE BEST SUPPORT GROUP:

Sometimes your friends just don’t know how to adequately phrase their “good luck.” It’s okay, we hope it “doesn’t suck” either. Thanks.

5. WHEN YOU JUST… CAN’T:

How many times have you been passed an exam and you go in confident, get handed the exam and look down to realize you completely know nothing? In those cases, I can only assume we look like Johnathan asking our professor (A.K.A. Will) if that are being for real?   

6. REALIZING… WAIT, YOU CAN: 

Don’t stress, that mind block you just had and were freaking over about was just that… a small freak out. Take a breatheryou’ve got this. Much like the boys seen above, you’ll soon realize that you actually know more than you think- all of that studying wasn’t for nothing!

7. REALIZING YOU HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO PATIENCE:

Sometimes you’re in an exam and you are absolutely KILLING it… then you hear the most absurd noise you have ever in your life heard. Eleven, girl, we understand you’re dislike in the whole “mouth breather” phenomena. 

8. TRYING TO UNDERSTAND: 

You’re almost done with you’re exam and you’re about to turn it in…. then you turn the exam over to review it one last time and see one of the pages got stuck to the other and you STILL have a whole page left. Trying to understand what all you have left- and wanting to scribble the whole last page- is about like Will scribbling what he is visualizing and trying to explain it to everyone else. 

9. YOU’RE FINALLY THERE: 

You’re at the end! Celebrate, but first, get a hug. 

10. WHEN IN DOUBT…

You are DONE! Throw those hands UP and go ahead, dance it out! Winter break is finally here! You did it- finals are over… until next semester that is. 

GOOD LUCK ON FINALS, COLLEGIETTES!  

Caitlan Walzer is a sophomore at Winthrop University majoring in mass communication with a concentration in broadcast journalism. She is originally from San Diego, California and then in 2000 moved to a small town in South Carolina. She enjoys competing in pageants (is a part of the Miss America Organization) and is a licensed makeup consultant for Merle Norman Cosmetics. Caitlan is an active student at Winthrop, enjoys watching Netflix, being an active member within her sorority, spending time with her friends, and, of course, drinking Starbucks.   
Winthrop University is a small, liberal arts college in Rock Hill, SC.