This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

The dreaded time is upon us, collegiettes — it’s finals week. There’s a common bond between us all, a bond forged in pain and fear and sleep deprivation…while it may not be too easy to explain with words, let these snippets of musicals do the talking (er, singing,) while you wallow in misery. 

Living it up before finals…

“You can dance, you can jive, having the time of your life!”

Mamma Mia – Dancing Queen 

…acknowledging that you are living it up instead of being responsible…

Dancing through life, swaying and sweeping, and always keeping cool. Life is fraught-less when you’re thoughtless — those who don’t try never look foolish.”

Dancing Through Life – Wicked

…and then realizing that you may have lived it up too much. 

“For the first time I’m thinking past tomorrow.” (aka when you check your planner and realize when your exams actually are…)

Hamilton – My Shot

So you day dream about how to escape from school altogether!

me @ all of my professors, TBH

In The Heights – 96,000

If your crush distracts you:

“Lookin’ for romance? Come back another day!”

Rent – Another Day

When you reach your breaking point…

Life killed the dream you dreamed, Fantine? Well, college killed the dream I dreamed. 

Les Miserables – I Dreamed A Dream

And you become slightly hysteric or delirious…

But regrouping with your friends and taking a much-needed break has you pulling your life back together.

“We can be seventeen, still time to make things right. One day we’ll change the world, but let’s kick back tonight!”

Seventeen (Reprise) – Heathers

And you find yourself ready to crush this!

“This chip on my shoulder makes me smarter and bolder, no more whining or blaming, I am reclaiming my pride!”

Chip On My Shoulder – Legally Blonde 

When you take a moment to reflect on how amazing things were before Thanksgiving.

“Memory, all alone in the moonlight, I can smile at the old days, I was beautiful then.” So, basically when you stalk your old tweets and Insta posts out of longing for a time before you were this stressed. 

Memory – Cats

When you finish cramming studying:

“I wrote my way out, wrote everything down far as I could see…” 

Hamilton – Hurricane

And now it’s time to go take your final exam.

“Down once more to the dungeon of my black despair, down we plunge to the prison of my mind! Down that path into darkness deep as hell!”

(AKA how you feel walking back into a classroom after studying.)

You’ve made it, and now it’s time to escape!

“Kiss me goodbye, I’m defying gravity, and you can’t pull me down!”

Defying Gravity – Wicked

For better or for worse, another set of finals are almost over. Until next time, Colliegettes!

Winthrop University is a small, liberal arts college in Rock Hill, SC.