The “Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them” Full Trailer is Finally Here

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

Harry Potter fans, unite! That’s right, the latest magic from the beautiful author, J.K. Rowling, is fully here. Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them‘s full trailer has been released and we’re freaking out. Of course, she wrote the whole story, but the best part is David Yates is directing. He directed most of the Harry Potter movies, and we’re eternally grateful for bringing the greatest books on earth to life.

Casting for the movie is amazing, of course. Eddie Redmayne plays the main role of Newt Scamander, and yeah, I’m drooling. This guy is AMAZING. He’s also starred in other movies such as The Danish Girl and The Theory of Everything. 

The synopsis goes as this: The year is 1926, and Newt Scamander (Eddie Redmayne) has just completed a global excursion to find and document an extraordinary array of magical creatures. Arriving in New York for a brief stopover, he might have come and gone without incident, were it not for a No-Maj (American term for Muggle) named Jacob, a misplaced magical case, and the escape of some of Newt’s fantastic beasts, which could spell trouble for both the wizarding and No-Maj worlds.

We already know this movie will be amazing because of the work being put behind it. It’s also nice to see the world of magic, long before Harry Potter was the center of the Wizarding world. 

Below is the trailer, so watch to your heart’s content and anticipate it’s arrival later this fall!

Later, Potterheads! 

Fantastic Beasts is set to premiere in the U.S. on November 18, 2016. 

Winthrop University is a small, liberal arts college in Rock Hill, SC.