Fall Break Movie To-Do List

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

The time has come—almost a whole week off to watch sleep, eat pizza, and Netflix and chill…[with myself]. Of course, binge watching Netflix won’t be anything new for me because lets be honest, I totally am sneaking in episodes between classes and sometimes choosing to watch “one more episode” instead of going to my classes…but this fall break, it will be interruption free Netflixing. And I can’t wait.

Through all this excitement, I have started to mentally note to myself about everything on Netflix I’m going to watch over the break. So, I decided to put a combination of movie genres together into a “Fall Break Movie To Do List.” Check it out!

ComedyAfter a long 2 months of school, I think it’s finally time to give my brain a break, and let it turn into mush, while I let my abs return with a few good belly laughs from a silly comedy movie.

1. Almost Famous2. Zoolander3. My Best Friends Wedding

RomanceLet’s be honest—I’m a girl and as much as I sometimes hate to admit it, romance is such a guilty pleasure of mine. Plus, there’s really nothing better than sitting with a tub of ice cream and sobbing to myself as I watch two people fall in love while I’m sitting there with my tear-soaked stuffed animal because #foreveralone.

1. Ghost2. Remember Me3. Waiting For Forever

HorrorIt’s not Halloween season unless you watch a few horror movies! And, with Halloween just around the corner of Fall break, Netflix is STACKED with some awesome scary movies. Just, warn your parents ahead of time that they might need to make room for you once you’re done watching these movies.

1. Halloween2. The Houses October Built3. V/H/S

DisneyYou gotta have some song and dance in your life, so check out the “kids” section on Netflix and pick a few Disney flicks. You’ll know all the songs, and probably also be able to recite every line, but that’s what’s so fun about watching some good old Walt Disney.

1. Tarzan2. An Extremely Goofy Movie3. Cadet Kelly

IndependentSome people might not like independent films, but they just happen to be my favorite so I have a bunch of awesome suggestions! These movies make you think about life and even though many are sad, they tend to have really happy endings which are always awesome so definitely give these movies a chance.

1. Before I Disappear2. The Kids Are Alright3. Nightcrawler

Leonardo DiCaprioNetflix must love Leo just as much as I do, because they have a like 100 options of his movies—aka every movie he should have won an Oscar for but I won’t get into that now. You should just watch all of his movies. End of story.

1. Django Unchained2. The Aviator3. What’s Eating Gilbert Grape

LifetimeI mean, I guess I’m a little embarrassed to even have this as a genre on my list, but for real Lifetime movies rock, and if you agree with me then you must be my soul mate or a mom or a grandma. Just kidding. (But I’m actually totally serious)

1. Amanda Knox: Murder on Trial in Italy2. Abducted: The Carlina White Story3. Jodi Arias: Dirty Little Secret

Feel GoodThe best way to describe this type of genre are the movies that you’ve seen a million times but they’re so amazing that you’ll never get sick of them. They’re also the movies that your mom and dad love too, so invite them to cuddle on the couch with you while you watch these over the break.

1. Forrest Gump2. Good Will Hunting3. Jerry Maguire

Drop some big bucks on popcorn and candy, grab your blanket, order a pizza, and get ready to binge watch.

Have a good fall break, and happy Netflixing, collegeittes!

Emily Murphy has been with Her Campus Media since 2018, and is currently the Branded Content Associate. She was the Campus Correspondent and Editor/President at her chapter at Winthrop University for four years, but has had a passion for all things writing since she was young. When she's not scribbling ideas down for her next branded article, she's watching reruns of Seinfeld while scrolling Pinterest for apartment inspo. Follow her on Instagram at @emilysmurfy