This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

Fall is my absolute favorite season of the year. I love the changing colors of the leaves and
seeing the transition between summer and winter. Oh, and don’t forget about cute flannels and
sweaters! Daylight savings time occurs, which means an extra hour of sleep. Who doesn’t love
that! For me personally, I can say the fall weather is the most tolerable all year long, having cool
days and cozy nights. It’s the perfect time to cuddle up with a nice cup of coffee or tea and read a
good book. Some bucket list ideas could help make your fall season even better. Check out Part 1 here!

Check out Part 1 Here!

Visit a Pumpkin Patch

Okay, lets be real, there is no way to even exist during fall without buying a
pumpkin. Having a pumpkin carving contest is a great activity to do with your
friends! Growing up, I always painted pumpkins, so when I carved my very first
pumpkin last year it was thrilling!

Go on a Hayride

Since I can remember, I have always gone on an annual fall hayride. Hayrides are
a great way to enjoy the fall weather. Be careful though, it can get bumpy!

Take a Trip to Trader Joes

Okay, hear me out, we all love fall inspired groceries. A few of my favorite fall
items from Trader Joes include pumpkin flavored Joe-Joes, Salted Maple Ice
Cream, and even pumpkin-shaped pasta!

Decorate with Fall Décor

Revamping your space with warm tones of red, orange, brown, and white will
give your space a fresh and cozy fall feel. Adding leaves, wood features and
pumpkins is also another great way to make your space scream “fall.”

Halloween Movie Night

Gathering friends for a spooky themed movie night is a great way to get into the
spirit! Making Halloween themed food and desserts is a great addition to a movie
marathon!

Emily Weiland

Winthrop '24

Hey! My name is Emily Weiland and I am a sophomore Business Administration major.