This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

Summer is over, and cold weather is on it’s way! While fall might be ready for you, are you ready for fall? Check out these trends and decide which ones you’re going to rock!

Fringe

Yeah that’s right, fringe. We’re bringing 70’s back full on. Whether it be on pants, jackets, dresses, or shirts this look will bring some fun to closet and spunk to your step!

Mom Jeans

Who needs dad bods when we’ve got mom jeans. This relaxed fit is great with a cute t-shirt left out or tucked in. Pair it with sandals, flats or even a cute pair of heels and feel good while looking cute. 

Booties

This fall favorite is back and better than ever. Whether it be peep toe, closed toe, suede, or leather this staple makes everything cuter! Pair it with jeans, leggings, or a dress and be ready to take on the day!

Chunky Sweaters

Who’s ready for bonfires, hot chocolate, and chilly weather? Get ready to cozy up in chunky sweaters and finally be able to look cute while feeling comfy. Is there anything better?

Funky Shoulders 

Don’t let the big shoulders and ruffles scare you! This trend is super cute and taking full swing in stores. Get it in shirt, dress, or sweatshirt form and up your style in a matter of minutes! Give it a try!

Fur

No apple bottom jeans, but we’ve sure got the fur. This fall trend is back in vest and coat form so get ready to bundle up in style.

Leather Pants

Girls just wanna have fun, and leather pants are back to help do the trick. Pair with a cute sweater and boots or a fun shirt for a night on the town. You’re sure to rock this look!

Florals

This fun 90’s print is back and in so many forms. Mix it with flannels or other prints, pair it with some overalls and channel your inner Full House. You got it dude!

Plaids 

Everyone’s favorite is back and better. Not only can you wear plaid on your flannels, but also on ruffles, off the shoulder, dresses and more. Needless to say, we’re mad for plaid!

Embroidery

No, embroidery is not just for pillows, but clothes too! This trend is super cute and makes any and everything unique. Who knew such little detail could add so much fun!?

Suede

We’re bringing 2000’s back. Suede is not only nice to touch but also to wear. Even shoes are making this statement, and all the cool girls are wearing it.

While 2017 seems to be the fall of all decades, you don’t have to just choose one! Mix and match, and create your own unique style using the trends to make your closet just as ready for fall as fall is for you!

I aspire to be like Audrey Hepburn and Elle Woods, classy and fabulous
Winthrop University is a small, liberal arts college in Rock Hill, SC.