kaizen nguy n jcLcWL8D7AQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
kaizen nguy n jcLcWL8D7AQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

End of the Semester Playlist

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

The end of the Spring semester introduces the beginning of yet another hot and humid summer. Whether you’re packing for a road trip with friends, an abroad experience or just laying around on the beach getting your tan on, you’re going to need a nice variety of tunes to keep you entertained. Youtube, Spotify, Pandora and your everyday radio can help you get in the summertime mood. But, if you want to look up some new and playful songs, you should definitely take a peek at some of our favorites.

If you’re feeling relaxed and you just want some background music, here are our first four suggestions:

1. “Counting Stars vs. Summertime Sadness” Mashup by Lana Del Rey and One Republic

2. “Love me Like You Do” by Ellie Goulding 

3. “Style” by Taylor Swift

4. “Dear No One” by Tori Kelly 

If you’re looking for something more upbeat and something you and your friends can sing to in the car, here are some songs you definitely need on your playlist:

5. “Sugar” by Maroon 5

6. “Wonderland” by Natalia Kills

7. “Warriors” by Imagine Dragons

8. “How to be a Heartbreaker” by Marina and the Diamonds

So what about smashing some of your favorite songs together? Here are some amazing mashups that you should totally check out! 

9. “Love me Like a Halo” by Ellie Goulding and Beyonce 

10. “Cool Kids Talking Body” by Echosmith and Tove Lo

11. “Diamond Chandelier” by Rihanna and Sia

12. “Summertime Team Explosions” by Lorde, Ellie Goulding and Lana Del Rey

13. “Talking Lies” by Marina and the Diamonds and Tove Lo

14. “Alejandro’s Maps” by Maroon 5 and Lady Gaga

We hope you enjoy these tunes and we wish you the best and safest summer ever! Have a great end of the semester, Ladies! We hope to see you again next year. 

University: Winthrop Major: English, Literature and LanguageMinor: Professional WritingDream: Young Adult Novelist. University Professor. Female Version of Indiana Jones. Rich. Successful. Well-Traveled. Foster/Adoptive Mom. Life Motto: "To die would be an awfully big adventure, but to live would be an even greater one." --Peter Pan, J.M. BarrieLife Goal: To be happy and make other people happy. To do what I love. To help others find their passion.  
Winthrop University is a small, liberal arts college in Rock Hill, SC.