Disney’s “The BFG” Hits Theaters in July

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

Roald Dahl was known for his classic and imaginative stories, and Steven Spielberg is known for his timeless and talented movie directions, and on July 1st, the two will have their work merged together in the upcoming film The BFG.

“The BFG”, also referred to as “The Big Friendly Giant”, is an adventure children’s book that was published by Dahl in 1982 and has taken up the space on the bookshelves of many classrooms and libraries ever since it’s release.

Speilberg has taken Dahl’s epic adventure story, teamed up with Disney and has turned it into a master film.

The picture stars Mark Rylance as the BFG, and new and up-coming child actress, Ruby Barnhill.

Some of the other notable actors starring in the film include Bill Hader, Rebecca Hall and Penelope Wilton.

Check out the first look of the film here! 

Emily Murphy has been with Her Campus Media since 2018, and is currently the Branded Content Associate. She was the Campus Correspondent and Editor/President at her chapter at Winthrop University for four years, but has had a passion for all things writing since she was young. When she's not scribbling ideas down for her next branded article, she's watching reruns of Seinfeld while scrolling Pinterest for apartment inspo. Follow her on Instagram at @emilysmurfy