Delta Zeta Member Lily Robinette

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

Name: Lily Robinette

Major: Human Nutrition

Academic Year: Junior

Roles on Campus: Sister of Delta Zeta sorority

Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Working as a registered dietitian in a hospital setting, and hopefully with a family or at least a husband.

Can you describe your perfect date?

This is a hard one. I would have to say my perfect date would be going to a LSU home football game.

What is your favorite sport or sporting team?

I love LSU football.

What did you do for the summer?

I babysat two little girls and took a few mini vacations along with taking a summer class.

What is your favorite place on campus?

Scholars Walk ! I love walking and seeing people I haven’t seen in a while, seeing my sisters, or seeing my bestfriends it always brightens my day.

Name of favorite hobbies?

Doing homework because this seems to be all that I do.

Name one of your hidden talents?

I can sing. I was in chorus for two years in high school and I sang in church for years.

Are you an introvert or extrovert?

I have characteristics of both.

What is an interesting fact about you? 

I’m actually adopted by my dad which comes to a lot of peoples surprise.

Do you have a special person either family or friend who inspires and motivates you?

My papa. He passed away in the beginning of January and he was one of my biggest supporters. My daily motivation is knowing that he is watching over me and I can only hope that I am making him proud in the person I am becoming and the goals I achieve.

Who do you look up to?

My mom, she is my role model. I have seen her overcome so many things in her life and she is the best advice giver that I could have. I can only hope to be half the woman that she is. 

I am a Mass Communications major at Winthrop University with a minor in theatre. I enjoy reading, writing, singing, blogging, traveling, photography and all things newsworthy(media, fashion and entertainment). I also love having fun and doing quality professional work. I enjoy volunteering with various organizations one in particular SOAR. A fun fact about myself is that I enjoy figure-skating and I use to take piano lessons. I truly enjoy being in the company of my family, friends and church family and I love helping others. I am excited about this opportunity, as I am looking forward to learning and passing it on.
Winthrop University is a small, liberal arts college in Rock Hill, SC.