DeAndre Ishmael ’16: Aspiring Model

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.
Name: DeAndre Ishmael Hometown: Summerville, South CarolinaMajor: Integrated Marketing Communications (IMC)Year: Senior

If we don’t already know you, how are you identifiable on campus?
Go watch the Swagger Jack’d video from 2013. I’m Frank Ocean!
(Swagger Jack’d: A benefit concert held by Winthrop University’s NAACP Organization, where students mock celebrities and perform as the celebrity they are impersonating would do so).

What is the theme song that describes and/or describes you?Make it Nasty by Tyga.

What is your favorite hobby?
Gym. (Lifts up shirt)
TRUST ME… He’s not lying! 
What do you feel is your best feature?
My body definitely. (NO SURPRISE, again he’s not lying about the gym!)

What is something you always carry with you?
Cellphone and Chapstick.

Who is the last person that texted you, and what was it about?
My roommate asking me to come to his kickball game.

What do you look for in a significant other?Personality, smile, what they’ve got going on in life, a healthy physique, and where they want to be in life.

What is your ideal first date?
Walking around a city or a park, then grabbing dinner. It has to be a face to face interaction that way we can get to know one another.

What is your guilty pleasure?
Piercings because I used to have a lot.

How do you show your interest in someone?
(Proceed to demonstrate by tilting his head, and mysteriously grinning with a lingering “NOT” creepy by any means …actually kind of mysterious and sexy stare).
In his words…
“Smile and give them that look!” 

What is your relationship status?
[Chuckles] It depends on who’s asking.

Where do you see yourself post graduation?
Miami, NYC, or LA.

As an aspiring model what’s the best part of your experience and/or journey?
Meeting other models with the same passion as myself, they drive me to push harder within my career.

Who is your celebrity role model?
Will Smith. (We totally broke out and sung “The Fresh Prince of Belaire” theme song together!) He’s an all around guy and family man.

Anything special you’d like us to know about you?
It’s not just hugs and kisses. There is a lot to know behind a smile, get to know me!

Winthrop University is a small, liberal arts college in Rock Hill, SC.