“Dancing With The Stars” Recap: Week 2

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

Warning: The following article contains spoilers, including the couple eliminated. Read at your own discretion.

Week 2 of Dancing with the Stars was full of amazing dance once again. The couples took their criticism from the judges from Week 1 and danced to the them of “TV Night”. 

1. Maureen McCormick and Derek Hough

Maureen and Derek danced the Quickstep this week to “Brady Brunch Theme” by Dominik Hauser. The couple gained a score of 26. Watch their dance below: 

2. Jana Kramer and Gleb Savchenko

Jana and Gleb danced the Tango to One Tree Hill‘s Theme Song: “I Don’t Wanna Be” by Gavin Degraw. Jana looked AH-MAZING as usual and the couple were scored with a 29, making it one of the higher scores of the week. Watch their Tango below:

3. Rick Perry and Emma Slater

The Texas Governor and Emma danced the Quickstep this week to Green Acres Theme by Television Hero’s. Coming back with the criticism, the couple had a lot to work with. It started off well, but again for Week 2, the couple had the lowest score finishing with a 22. Watch their dance below:

4. Calvin Johnson Jr. and Lindsay Arnold

Calvin and Lindsay danced the Foxtrot to the Family Matters theme song and absolutely crushed it. It was full of energy and Jaleel White who played Stevel Urkel suprised the duo while they recieved their score of 28, one of the higher of the night. Watch their dance below:

5. Amber Rose and Maks Chmerkovskiy

Amber Rose and Maks danced the Viennese Waltz to the Game of Thrones theme song. The dance was intense and we’re all super proud of Amber because she tripped on a curtain but KEPT GOING during the dance. The judges caught the mistake, of course. So, the couple scored a 24. See their dance below:

6. Jake T. Austin and Jenna Johnson

Jake and Jenna danced the Cha-Cha to the Go Diego Go theme song, where Jake voiced the character Diego. Jenna looked HOT dressed as Baby Jaguar. We were filled with tons of childhood nostalgia, except Diego glo’d up from the flo’ up. The couple scored a 24. Watch their dance below:

7. Vanilla Ice and Witney Carson

Vanilla Ice and Witney danced the Foxtrot to the song “Love and Marriage” by Frank Sinatra. Witney slayed our whole life in a tight cheetah dress that she, of course, danced amazingly in. The couple scored a total of 26. Watch their dance below: 

8. Terra Jolé and Sasha Farber

Terra and Sasha danced the Quickstep to “Bewitched” by the Hit Crew. Terra improved so much from last week and the couple actually CRUSHED it this week. Terra looked beautiful in her dress and the couple scored a total of 31, making it the second highest score of the night. Watch their dance below:

9. Kenny “Babyface” Edmonds and Alison Holker

Babyface and Alison danced the Tango to “The X Files Theme” by Soundtrack and Theme Orchestra. The duo killed the dance and scored a total of 30. Watch their dance below:

10. Laurie Hernandez and Val Chmerkovskiy

Laurie and Val (aka my absolute favs) danced the jive this week to “Duck Tales” by The Disney Afternoon Studio Chorus. The SLAYED and completely amazed me, and the whole world, and came out on top again with a score of 32. That’s only 8 points away from a perfect score. On the second week. Watch their Jive below:

11. James Hinchcliffe and Sharna Burgess

James and Sharna danced the Paso Double to “Game of Conquest” by FirstCom. It took on a The Walking Dead theme with zombies and the whole nine yards. The dance scored a total of 29. Watch the dance below:

12. Marilu Henner and Derek Hough

Marilu and Derek danced the Foxtrot to the song “Angela” (Theme Song from Taxi) by London Music Works. The dazzling duo took a score of 29. Watch their Foxtrot below:

13. Ryan Lochte and Cheryl Burke

After a crazy situation last week involving protestors, Ryan and Cheryl were ready for a brand new week and a new chance to prove themselves to the judges. This week, Ryan and Cheryl danced the Quickstep to the Muppets theme song. They wore bright pink and bright green suits to mimick Miss Piggy and Kermit the Frog. It was the most sensational….well, you get the point. :) Watch the dance below:

And the moment you’ve all been waiting for, and the moment I didn’t want to happen. The couple voted off in the first elimination…

is….

Jake T. Austin and Jenna Johnson.

I know, I’m so sad. 

Make sure to tune in every Monday at 8/7c to watch these couples and see who moves on and who doesn’t!

(All videos and pictures are courtesy of ABC Network)

Winthrop University is a small, liberal arts college in Rock Hill, SC.