A Celebrity Baby Boom

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

April 14 has been a big day for celebrity couples.

Kelly Clarkson and husband Brandon Blackstock welcomed baby number–Remington Alexander! Remington joins big sister River Rose, who was born in 2014. Remington was born on April 12, but his birth was made public today. Clarkson is also stepmother to Blackstock’s two older children from a previous relationship. 

Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds announced that they are expecting baby number two. The couple welcomed their first child, daughter James, in 2014. Ryan and James took a trip to visit Blake on the set of her new movie. The photos that were released were the first time we got a good look at the adorable little girl. Reynolds and Lively have both stated that they want a big family. With another baby coming soon, they are on the right track.

Sources close to another famous Ryan also announced that he’s going to be a father for the second time. Ryan Gosling and Eva Mendes are growing their family as well. The private couple is already parents to one-year-old daughter Esmeralda. We can expect that they will be just as private with their second child, after all, the only public outing of the family was Halloween. 

The baby boom has started once again, it seems! 

HCXO

Winthrop University is a small, liberal arts college in Rock Hill, SC.