This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

Hello Collegiettes! Looking for the right place for your cute Instagram pictures?? You should definitely try out these locations for your next insta post!

Not only are they all on campus but they make a cute background for your pictures! Here are a few of our favorites!

Amphitheater

The amphitheater is a great place to take pictures on a sunny day, and when your photoshoot is over, you can sit or lay out on the steps with your friends!

Artesian Well

This location is so overlooked on campus. It’s spooky-looking at night time but makes for a great photo op in the daytime.

Bookstore

That’s right! The bookstore is not only for buying Winthrop gear or a place to study, but there’s a backdrop in the left corner of the bookstore where you can use fun props and pose with friends for a cute picture, but don’t forget to be mindful of the people who are studying there!

Digs Balcony

Cute place to take pictures on a sunny day, but if you wait until the sun sets, it’ll make that picture a hundred times better! It’s definitely worth the wait for the beautiful pink and blue skies.

Hardin Gardens

Who doesn’t love Hardin Gardens?? Hardin Gardens is the hottest spot on campus for having a photoshoot with your friends! Even though the fountains were not turned on for our picture, it’s still a hot location!

Rocking Chairs

Choose any of the rocking chairs on Scholars Walk or the ones in front of the Career and Civic Engagement office and it’ll be a picture that is definitely Instagram-worthy! I mean, who doesn’t like a good rocking chair these days.

Scholars Walk

The busiest place on campus…we know. But taking a picture on Scholars Walk will make you stand out, especially in portrait mode! Take advantage of the 100% natural light it has to offer! The heat is worth it…sometimes.

Staircase Between Tilman and McLaurin Hall

This staircase is not the place where you would often walk through every day, unless you’re taking a detour back to your room or to class. But, it’s a great location for a picture but don’t go during the day because then the sun will be hitting your face and no one likes a picture with their eyes closed.

Stairs on Scholars

Stairs are always a good option for photoshoots because there are endless possibilities to pose for your pictures whether it’s just sitting on the steps, sitting on the railings, or just standing. Any way you want it!

So, Collegiettes, put on your cutest outfits, bring your friends, and have a full on photoshoot for your next Instagram post. Make sure to check out these locations and to tag Her Campus (@hcwinthop) on instagram so we can check out these cute pictures! Show us your favorite locations on campus to take your pictures because the limit does not exist!

Hi, my name is Kristy Campos and I am a Senior Sociology major with a double minor in Spanish and Legal Studies at Winthrop University. I'm from Hilton Head Island, SC. I love playing volleyball with friends, going on adventures, and I love writing for Her Campus. A fun fact about me is that I love stripes! I am so happy to be a part of Her Campus at Winthrop University, especially with the amazing women I write with! HCXO!
Winthrop University is a small, liberal arts college in Rock Hill, SC.