Campus Cutie: Casey Crumpton ’19

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

Name: Casey Crumpton

Major: Exercise Science         

Hometown: Greenville, South Carolina

Why did you choose Winthrop?

Well, I came here for the past two years for PDA [a high school acting competition], and I was a Teacher Cadet in high school so my application fee was free.  Winthrop was the only place I applied to.

And your major?

I’ve always been into sports, so I was exercising anyway – I go to the gym about twice a day.  I found that it was a really good coping skill, especially for stress, and I want to be a physical trainer.

You recently appeared in Jeffrey here at Winthrop.  How long have you been acting?

Since junior year of high school, when I first went to PDA.  I’ve done a bit of musical theatre as well.

Do you have any plans after graduation?  What’s your ideal situation?

I’d like to work in elementary schools, maybe.  There’s a YMCA in my hometown, and I was really inspired by one of the trainers there, so my ideal situation would be to intern there while I’m in school and work there, for a few years at least, after I graduate.

What are your top three songs right now?

Oh god, that’s hard…I mean, I listen to so much music!  Probably my number one right now is a recording of “Seminole Uprising,” it’s what the Florida State marching band plays before their games, because it’s a really good pump-up song for working out.  This one’s kind of a guilty pleasure – I actually really like Justin Bieber’s new album, so I’ll have to say “Sorry.”  And, there’s another Justin I love, so “Pusher Love Girl” by Justin Timberlake.  *laughs*  It kind of describes my life right now.

Any other guilty pleasures?

I’d have to say “Same Old Love” by Selena Gomez.  It’s also a really good workout song.

If you could play any role, regardless of who played it before, who would it be and why?

Hamlet.  It’s one of my favorites.  I took IB classes in high school, so we spent like four months on it.  I was ecstatic.

And, finally, describe yourself in three words.

Stubborn…I don’t know if I’m funny, but I make myself laugh, so let’s say comedic.  And passionate.  I really love the things I do.

Winthrop University is a small, liberal arts college in Rock Hill, SC.