This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

Name: Brittany Hutson

Major: Exercise Science

Academic Year: Junior

Hometown: Charleston

Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Possibly completing graduate school and married to my high school sweetheart !

Describe your perfect date?

My perfect date would be relaxing watching a movie while eating Zaxby’s or being on the water taking in the view and the fresh air.

Favorite sport and sporting team?

My favorite sport is football and the Gamecocks are my favorite team.

What did you do for the summer?

I worked all summer with a bunch of crazy kids in Charleston and took a summer class.

What are your plans for the fall semester?

I plan on making the Dean’s List becoming more involved with my sorority Delta Zeta, and turning 21!

Favorite place on campus?

I love the little porch next to the main door of the Civic Engagement Center at the end of Scholar’s Walk. I love sitting in the rocking chair and relaxing there.

Favorite hobby?

Shopping it is such a great stress reliever

Hidden talent?

I would like to say I have a great singing voice, but I’m too shy to sing in front of a huge crowd. So that talent will stay hidden I will stick to singing in the shower.

Would you consider yourself to be an introvert or extrovert?

I would definitely say I am an introvert, however, I’m one of those people that is shy at first but, I’m actually really outgoing once you get to know me.

Interesting fact about yourself?

I’m the middle child and there are 10 years between me and my older half brother. It’s been a little different growing up without siblings close to my age.

What are you great at?

I would say I am great at being on time. I’m never late to anything it is one of my pet peeves.

Favorite season?

My absolute favorite season is Fall. I love the cool weather and bonfires! My birthday is also in the Fall so that’s another reason that I look forward to it every year!

Favorite holiday?

My favorite holiday is Thanksgiving because it is in the fall and the food is the best.

One thing you like about summer?

Going on the water and being on the beach.

One thing you like about fall?

The cool weather, boots and scarves, bonfires birthday.

Favorite movie?

Any horror movie. Right now, I love Sinister and Insidious. I also love the Saw movies, Paranormal Activity and Halloween movies.

Favorite novel?

I’m not a big book reader but of all the books I’ve read I love the Lemony Snicket series.

Person who inspires you?

I would say my nana inspires me because she is almost 92 years old and had 8 children. She’s such a strong women and has lived through so much in her life.

Favorite celebrity?

Amy Poehler, she is so funny and I love her character in Parks and Recreation.

Who do you look up to?

I look up to both of my parents because they have worked so hard to give me and my siblings the best life. I’m so lucky to have parents like them and be able to go home and laugh non-stop with them.

I am a Mass Communications major at Winthrop University with a minor in theatre. I enjoy reading, writing, singing, blogging, traveling, photography and all things newsworthy(media, fashion and entertainment). I also love having fun and doing quality professional work. I enjoy volunteering with various organizations one in particular SOAR. A fun fact about myself is that I enjoy figure-skating and I use to take piano lessons. I truly enjoy being in the company of my family, friends and church family and I love helping others. I am excited about this opportunity, as I am looking forward to learning and passing it on.
Winthrop University is a small, liberal arts college in Rock Hill, SC.