Bridgerton cast posing for Netflix poster
Netflix

Bridgerton Season 2: Kate and Anthony

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

The Bridgerton family is back! The royal family that captivated the world last year is back for a second season. But before we jump into Season 2, we need to quick recap on Season 1 so if you have not seen both seasons I suggest you stop reading now. Season 1 left off with Daphne (Phoebe Dynevor) and Simon (Rege-Jean Page) starting their family with a baby boy named Augie and the viewers finding out that Lady Whistledown was the most unsuspecting character, Penelope Featherington (Nicola Coughlan). With the season of finding love being successful for the new Duchess Daphne and the Duke of Hastings we then begin the story of the Viscount Anthony Bridgerton (Jonathan Bailey) finding love.

The second season now Anthony looking for a wife but wanting to leave love out of the equation and thinking logistically rather than with his heart. The Sharma sisters make their way to England to find an eligible suitor for the youngest sister Edwina Sharma (Charithra Chandran) while her older sister Kate Sharma (Simone Ashley) has made every decision for her up to this point. Once Queen Charlotte (Golda Rosheuvel) names Edwina the Diamond of the season Anthony sets his sights on her while Kate tries to keep him away after finding out he is not in it for love. She just wants the best for her sister, but she keeps getting in the way of Anthony and Edwina courting upsetting them and herself in the process. While Kate and Anthony keep us this banter, they begin to develop feelings for each other that they must hide because Anthony is meant to be betrothed to her sister, Edwina.

Now, let’s get into how AMAZING this season was. Having the enemies to lover’s trope while also giving us longing and angst… I almost cried tears of joy. Like yes “I burn for you” was great and all but being the bane of someone’s existence while being the object of all their desires??? I’ll take two please. I would take a slow burn over the characters sleeping together in the 1st episode, because where’s the fun in that story? Also, the way Kate and Anthony looked at each other and the way he sniffed her lily scented soap should be CRIMINAL because it was that good. Yes, Edwina did suffer in this season but like… I’m okay with that because we got Kanthony. Also, with the backstory on the Father of the Bridgerton’s being killed by a bee and then Kate getting stung by a bee and Anthony fearing that she would suffer the same fate as his father was the turning point in the story where they knew they would be much more than just in laws. From that point on it was stolen glances and little hand touches that built up to the point of them breaking off Anthony’s engagement to Edwina and him marrying Kate. I wish I could wipe my memory so I could watch the second season over again because that’s how good it was. A slow burn will always win in the end especially in the regency era, so I recommend going watch Season 2 of Bridgerton on Netflix!

Jade Anderson

Winthrop '24

Hi I'm Jade Anderson and I am an Environmental Studies Major with a Minor in Sustainability. I enjoy crocheting, gardening, and art! I joined Her Campus to make friends and write about topics that spark my interest.