This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

Single? Emotionally Unavailable? Complicated? 

Don’t Worry Collegiettes, these five books will take care of that this Valentines Day! Snuggle up for a perfect book date with these amazing books! 

1. Instructions For A Second-hand Heart by: Tamsyn Murray 

If you’re looking for something intense and heartbreaking to read this Valentine’s Day, look no further. The description of this book alone is enough to make me want to cry: “Jonny knows better than anyone that life is full of cruel ironies. He’s spent every day in a hospital hooked up to machines to keep his heart ticking. Then when a donor match is found for Jonny’s heart, that turns out to be the cruellest irony of all. Because for Jonny’s life to finally start, someone else’s had to end. ” 

2. When Dimple Met Rishi by: Sandhya Menon

This is honestly the ultimate modern Romeo and Juliet love story! Tell me that this description doesn’t already make you feel those star-crossed lovers vibe: “Dimple and Rishi may think they have each other figured out. But when opposites clash, love works hard to prove itself in the most unexpected ways.” Ugh! Adorable!

3. Geekerella by: Ashley Poston 

This geeky twist on a classic Cinderella story is honestly the most adorable thing ever! If you’re a geek girl looking for a cute love story to fall into this Valentines Day, this book is definitely for you! Just look at this description: “Geek girl Elle Wittimer lives and breathes Starfield, the classic science-fiction series she grew up watching with her late father. So when she sees a cosplay contest for a new Starfield movie, she has to enter. The prize? An invitation to the ExcelsiCon Cosplay Ball and a meet-and-greet with the actor slated to play Federation Prince Carmindor in the reboot. With savings from her gig at the Magic Pumpkin food truck and her dad’s old costume, Elle’s determined to win – unless her stepsisters get there first.”

4. I Believe In A Thing Called Love By: Maurene Goo

This love story is our type-A dream. This story just proves that you can do anything you put your mind to! “Desi Lee believes anything is possible if you have a plan. That’s how she became student body president. Varsity soccer star. And it’s how she’ll get into Stanford. But—she’s never had a boyfriend. In fact, she’s a disaster in romance, a clumsy, stammering humiliation magnet whose botched attempts at flirting have become legendary with her friends. So when the hottest human specimen to have ever lived walks into her life one day, Desi decides to tackle her flirting failures with the same zest she’s applied to everything else in her life.”

5. These Violent Delights by: Jeanette Battista 

This book has a little more on-the-nose recreation of the classic Romeo and Juliet love story, but it is still so cute! I am so here for reading this on Valentine’s Day! “When Julie’s so-called friend, Tyndall, outs the relationship to Julie’s parents, Romy and Julie must figure out how to keep Julie’s parents from sending her to a gay conversion camp and separating them forever. The girls are hurtling toward their destiny, but will fate decide to be cruel or kind? The course of true love never did run smooth… “

These dates are perfect for snuggling and staying under the covers in the morning. Read away Collegiettes! Happy Valentines Day! 

Winthrop University is a small, liberal arts college in Rock Hill, SC.