This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

Dear Big Sister,

Now that I have you, I could not imagine my life without you. 

It all started on big/little reveal week. From day one of baskets even though I didn’t know who you were, I knew I was going to love you. You showered me with gifts, and now you shower me with unconditional love. Once I found out who you were on reveal day, I knew we would be inseparable, and sure enough I’ve found that to be the absolute truth. 

You are more than my big sister.

You are my best friend, my role model and my other half. I know I can always count on you to give me the best advice when it comes to anything. From not knowing what to wear to a sorority event to showing me how to talk to a new boy, you always know exactly what to say to help. I know you have my best interest in heart and will do whatever you can to get me there. You always encourage me to go beyond what I think I can do because you can see the potential in me to do great things. 

Even though you have a million things on your plate, you still somehow manage to find time to hang out with me. I do not think I would be able to survive without our big/little dates. Spending time with you is most definitely my favorite part of the week. And if I haven’t told you this already today I love you so much Big!

Here’s to you, Here’s to me, Big and Little we’ll always be

Winthrop University is a small, liberal arts college in Rock Hill, SC.