The Best Thanksgiving TV Specials to Ever Air

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

So, we all love Thanksgiving. It’s the time to be with family, time to eat and the time to be thankful. It’s also the time to watch hilarious Thanksgiving episodes of our favorite TV shows. Here is a list of some of the greatest TV Thanksgiving specials!

How I Met Your Mother

How great is How I Met Your Mother’s “Slapsgiving” ; “Slapsgiving 2: Revenge of the Slap” ; and “Slapsgiving 3: Slappointment in Slapmarra” ? Go home for break, be thankful and watch Marshall slap Barney into oblivion!

Friends

So, I love “The One with All the Thanksgivings” where we see a flashback of all of the friends, but nothing beat Monica with a turkey on her head!

Gilmore Girls

Don’t feel bad about eating all the food this Thanksgiving because you know how much the Gilmore Girls love to eat, too!

Grey’s Anatomy

We all miss George O’Malley but we all loved the time he went hunting, and finally showed his family how awesome being a surgeon at SGH is!

Gossip Girl

I think this quote pretty much sums up this episode of Gossip Girl: “What is Thanksgiving without a side of drama?”          

New Girl

Most of us college students would love to be able to cook Thanksgiving dinner to feel like proper adults, but don’t feel bad if you mess up! Laugh at yourself, and watch the episode of New Girl where they try to cook the turkey in the dryer. You may not be a chef, but at least you didn’t do that!

Glee

As expected with Glee, the Thanksgiving episode is full of warm feelings and thankfulness! If you need to get in your feels over break, watch this episode of Glee!

One Tree Hill

Wouldn’t we all love to have Thanksgiving at Naley’s?

Full House

And finally, we throw it back to a classic–Full House! This episode reminds us that Thanksgiving isn’t about the food, it’s about family!

I definitely recommend spending time with your family while you’re on break, but while youre still at school getting psyched for Thanksgiving, I definitely think watching these episodes before you go home for break!

Allison is a sophomore at Winthrop University where she majors in English and has a concentration in Secondary Education. On campus, Allison is very involved-she is an Honors student, Admissions Ambassador, and a member of Her Campus Winthrop, Baptist Collegiate Ministry, and Ratio Christi. Allison loves her family and friends very much, and tries to spread the love of Jesus wherever she goes. In her free time, Allison loves to travel (Paris, France is her favorite!), read classics like Pride and Prejudice, and drink iced coffee while binge-watching New Girl on Netflix. Follow her on Instagram to see her attempts to be artistic @allisondsnipes
Winthrop University is a small, liberal arts college in Rock Hill, SC.