This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

Taylor Swift has FINALLY released her new album, reputation!

Taylor is without a doubt, one of the best artists of this generation. This album is a big change compared to her usual pop sound and none of us are complaining. Jason Lipshutz from Billboard described it as “a startlingly relatable depiction of adult romance.” Here are the best lines (in our opinion) from every song on reputation:

1. …Ready for it ?

“Baby let the games begin”

A perfect way to open the album. Let it begin!

2. End game (feat. Future and Ed Sheeran)

“I swear I don’t love the drama, it loves me”

First of all, I’m sure everyone was as confused as I was to see Future on a Taylor Swift song with Ed Sheeran. This was the song I was most excited for mostly because I was interested to see how it turned out. No shocker here, it is PHENOMENAL. I chose this line because unfortunately, girls always get dragged into drama they don’t want to be a part of so we can all relate to this.

3. I did something bad

“If a man talks sh*t, then I owe him nothing. I don’t regret it one bit, ’cause he had it coming”

This is probably the most relatable song on this album in my opinion. Every girl has a guilty pleasure. Also, is anyone getting flashbacks to Chicago, Cell Block Tango? No? Just me? Okay..

4. Don’t blame me

“I once was poison ivy but now I’m your daisy”

The perfect song about growth. She sings about toying with guys but finally finding someone who shows her how to love.

5. Delicate

“My reputation’s never been worse so you must like me for me”

Everyone has a reputation and if you’ve ever had a bad one, this line will make you think.

6. Look what you made me do

“I’m sorry the old Taylor can’t come to the phone right now. Why? Oh.. because she’s dead”

When Taylor released this song, I think every girl’s reaction was “YASSSSS”. It was a power statement. She was returning with a vengeance and boy, look what they made her do.

7. So it goes…

“You did a number on me but honestly baby, who’s counting? 1, 2, 3.”

Again, guilty pleasures. Who knew being wrong could feel so right?

8. Gorgeous

“You’ve ruined my life by not being mine”

The most frustrating thing is wanting someone you can’t have. Relatable.

9. Getaway Car

“It was the great escape, the prison break, the light of freedom on my face”

I could actually picture every part of this song. I pictured a Bonnie and Clyde relationship with excitement, passion, and impulse. The way she can tell an entire love story in just a few minutes is absolutely amazing.

10. King of my heart

“I’m perfectly fine, I live on my own, I’ve made up my mind, I’m better off being alone”

We’ve all given up on relationships at one point and then, someone comes along and makes us want to do it all over again.

11. Dancing with our hands tied

“I’m a mess but I’m the mess that you wanted”

FACTS. Every girl just wants someone to love them for the mess that they are.

12. Dress

“Only bought this dress so you could take it off”

This song actually made me yell “TAYLOR!!” like I was her mother. This is definitely her most scandalous song and I don’t think anyone is upset about it. Apparently, at one of her secret listening parties, her parents covered their ears and left the room during this song. Also, there are rumors that this song is about Ed Sheeran…

13. This is why we can’t have nice things

“And here’s to you because forgiveness is a nice thing to do….HAHA I can’t even say it with a straight face”

All I have to say is… LOL. Yes. (Also, this is the best song on the album, don’t @ me)

14. Call it what you want

“Loves me like I’m brand new”

Regardless of what is going on in a girl’s life, it’s nice to have that one person who will love you unconditionally.

15. New year’s day

“Hold on to the memories, they will hold on to you”

This is such a relaxing and beautiful song. It truly shows Taylor’s natural and beautiful voice. It’s about holding on to your loved ones and the memories that you share.

Hopefully you enjoyed reputation as much as we did! If you haven’t already, buy it now at Target or on iTunes!

Megan Diesso is a Sport Management major at Winthrop University. She works part-time at Kohl's as a Beauty Advisor and seasonally at Finish Line. She is originally from New Jersey and moved to Charleston when she was ten years old. Megan enjoys music, makeup, shoes, wine, and social media. Her hobbies include doing makeup, watching netflix, spending time with family, and playing with her Boston Terrier puppy, Zeke. She is a hardcore Dallas Cowboys fan and loves watching sports with her friends. Instagram and Twitter: MegsDiesso
Maclane is a senior Integrated Marketing Communications major at Winthrop University from Columbia, SC. Most of her time is spent doing homework or working. Maclane is obsessed with pugs, but she's slightly more obsessed with her little brother who means the world to her. Pizza is her absolute favorite! More favorites include naps, time spent with her friends, and still laughing at a joke 5 minutes after it's told. Maclane is a phenomenal writer who is comfortable writing about uncomfortable subjects. Follow her on Twitter and Instagram: @maclaneriley and Snapchat: carleymacriley
Winthrop University is a small, liberal arts college in Rock Hill, SC.