The Best Classical Songs to Study To

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

My parents always told me that when you’re studying, that should be the only thing you’re doing–which means no TV on in the background, no snacking while skimming the textbooks and absolutely no music. But, I’m the type of person who needs music to study and I think that most of us are. And, lucky for us music-studiers, according to research done by the University of Southern California, as long as it’s the right type of music, it can actually do more help than it can harm.

The research done by USC states that, “classical music can help lessen anxiety…and make [you] more receptive to information”, which means that pianos, violins and other classical music instruments will allow your brain to soak in more information. 

That being said, if you’re like me and swear the only way you can study is with music on, then check out these awesome classical songs that will not only satisfy your need for tunes, but also will relax you and help you with your finals!

1. Beethoven, Symphony No. 9 (1 hour)

2. Explosions In The Sky, It All Feels The Same (5 minutes)

3. Bach, Best of Bach (5 hours) 

4. Nuvole Bianche, Ludovico Einaudi (6 minutes) 

6. Steven Anderson, O for a Thousand Tongues (2 minutes) 

7. The Cinematic Orchestra, Every Day: Full Album (1 hour) 

8. Rhonda Mackert, Blue Ice (3 minutes) 

For more classical music to study to, visit Pandora Radio and search for “Classical for Studying” playlist, or go to your Spotify app and listen to the playlist “Classical Music for Ultimate Focus”

Keep on studying, Collegiettes! You’re going to ace those exams! 

Emily Murphy has been with Her Campus Media since 2018, and is currently the Branded Content Associate. She was the Campus Correspondent and Editor/President at her chapter at Winthrop University for four years, but has had a passion for all things writing since she was young. When she's not scribbling ideas down for her next branded article, she's watching reruns of Seinfeld while scrolling Pinterest for apartment inspo. Follow her on Instagram at @emilysmurfy