Becoming Single As Told by Jess from “New Girl”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

For those of us who have ever been in long relationships, we all know how we can be a big ball of jumbled emotions when that relationship ends. It is freeing, but we miss our former S/O. It is so hard, but at the same time, it’s the start of a new beginning.

So what do we do when we get our heart broken, ladies? We eat lots of double-chocolate chip ice cream and binge-watch New Girl on Netflix! Not only do I get a good laugh, but I also get to watch my favorite character, Jess Day, go through all of the emotions I’m going through!

You think no one will ever love you again.

You are disgusted by happy couples.

You get angry.

You get really sad.

You eat a lot of chocolate and pizza.

You sing a lot of T-Swift break up songs.

You give yourself a pep talk.

You see lots of attractive guys that you never noticed before.

You realize that you have just as much reason to be happy as your ex does.

You spend more time with your friends.

You become happy being a single, independent, beautiful woman.

Don’t let your single status get you down, ladies! Just like Jess, we are all on our way to becoming independent, successful, and happy women.

Allison is a sophomore at Winthrop University where she majors in English and has a concentration in Secondary Education. On campus, Allison is very involved-she is an Honors student, Admissions Ambassador, and a member of Her Campus Winthrop, Baptist Collegiate Ministry, and Ratio Christi. Allison loves her family and friends very much, and tries to spread the love of Jesus wherever she goes. In her free time, Allison loves to travel (Paris, France is her favorite!), read classics like Pride and Prejudice, and drink iced coffee while binge-watching New Girl on Netflix. Follow her on Instagram to see her attempts to be artistic @allisondsnipes
Winthrop University is a small, liberal arts college in Rock Hill, SC.