pang yuhao kd5cxwZOK4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
pang yuhao kd5cxwZOK4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Basketball Star Keon Moore ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

Keon Moore

Class of 2016

Major: History Minor: Business Administration

Hometown: Windsor, NC

Relationship Status: Single

Favorite thing about WU: The people, the facilities and Popeyes. Being in the south, everyone is so outgoing and they always ask me how I am doing. They aren’t just focused on the fact that I play basketball.

Favorite thing about being a student athlete: The fans and seeing returning fans at every game. Also, being able to work with kids and inspiring them as well.

Plans after graduation: The ultimate dream is to continue playing basketball. I would love to travel the world and then go to graduate school for business and marketing. I would also like to eventually coach basketball and have a job in the marketing industry.

Artists on his iPhone playlist: Kanye West, Jay Z, Pharrell, John Legend and Childish Gambino. Music means a lot to me, I listen to it differently than a lot of people. I don’t think any college student could get through school without music as inspiration. 

What he looks for in a relationship: I need someone who can joke and laugh with me. I love laughing and if you can laugh with me, you have won half the battle. She also needs to be understanding of my time. If she understands that I can’t be there all the time, she will definitely get the majority of my free time.

Favorite movie: I love action-packed movies. But I also like romantic comedies. I love Knocked Up!

Basketball Highlights in 2014-2015 Season:

• Earned 1,000 point career at WU this season,
  • Became 22nd player in school history to score 1,000 career points (61 career games at Winthrop)
  • Voted to All-Big South Conference First Team,
  • Voted to the Big South All-Tournament Team for second straight season.
I am Carolyn Rennix, a CoFounder of Her Campus Winthrop and a senior mass communication major at Winthrop University in Rock Hill, South Carolina. I am also the editor-in-chief of Winthrop's weekly student newspaper, The Johnsonian. I enjoy feature writing, photography and blogging -- all while drinking coffee at local shops of course. I was raised in a small seaside town, but I plan to travel and see what this world has in store for a young journalist.