Ashley Minton: Dancer and Actress

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

Name: Ashley MintonMajor: Dance Performance/Theatre MinorAcademic Year: JuniorHometown: Rock Hill, South Carolina

One of your favorite hobbies?I love to play my guitar, but also study out God’s word.

Favorite sport and sporting team? My favorite sport is football team is the Redskins because it is my dad’s favorite team.

What did you do for the summer? I traveled to New York for the summer  for an incredible Campus Ministry Conference.

What are you fall semester plans? To succeed academically, perform in the Senior Choreography showcase also love and share my life with as many people as possible.

Where do you see yourself 5 years from now? Dancing, traveling and teaching dance.

Describe your perfect date? The perfect date would be full of fun where I could totally be myself !

Favorite place on campus? Digs, they have food.

One of your hidden talents? I don’t have any.

Interesting fact about you? I hate bananas!

One thing you’d say you are great at? I am great at singing and so I want to share it with as many people as possible.

Favorite season? Fall.

Favorite holiday? Christmas.

One thing you like about the summer? The freedom of sleeping all day.

One thing you like about Fall? Sweaters, boots and scarves.

Favorite movie? The Fault In Our Stars.

Favorite novel? Love, Skip, Jump by Shelene Bryan

Do you have a person who inspires and motivates you? Each member of my family motivates me in different ways to be a better person.

Favorite celebrity, why? Ansel Elgort, because he is my celebrity crush!

Who do you look up to? I look up to my mother because she is one of the most hardworking people I know. I am one of the laziest people, I aspire to be just as hardworking as she is.

I am a Mass Communications major at Winthrop University with a minor in theatre. I enjoy reading, writing, singing, blogging, traveling, photography and all things newsworthy(media, fashion and entertainment). I also love having fun and doing quality professional work. I enjoy volunteering with various organizations one in particular SOAR. A fun fact about myself is that I enjoy figure-skating and I use to take piano lessons. I truly enjoy being in the company of my family, friends and church family and I love helping others. I am excited about this opportunity, as I am looking forward to learning and passing it on.
Winthrop University is a small, liberal arts college in Rock Hill, SC.