This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

If you’re anything like me, and a large percentage of other millennials, you grew up watching American Idol. 

The week just wasn’t complete unless you took the time to sit down with your bowl of popcorn to watch Ryan Seacrest introduce that week’s hopeful performers. More than that, nothing compared to hearing Simon’s sassy comments or hearing Randy Jackson’s iconic phrase – “it’s a no for me, dog.” 

So, upon hearing that American Idol was being taken off the air after 15 successful seasons, if felt as if television would never be the same. The show we all grew up with, looked forward to, and faithfully watched time and time again, was no more. 

There we several months in which rumors that another television network may or may not adopt the rights to the show after FOX gave it up, and low and behold, ABC came to the rescue. 

Now, the show is currently in its 16th season with beloved artists, Luke Bryan, Katy Perry, and Lionel Richie, as its judges. 

For those of you who watch the show, you know that many of the auditions this season were nothing less than inspiring. However, for those of you who haven’t kept up with Idol’s weekly episodes, here are of few of the most notable auditions yet. 

1. This one is for you, Mom

2. “You’re a good human being”

3. Sibling Rivalry? 

4. The Next Celine Dion

5. You’re a property manager with a voice like that? 

Hollywood week begins tonight, Collegiettes – don’t forget to tune in!

Nicholle Lewis

Winthrop '20

Nicholle is a junior biology major with a minor in psychology and Winthrop University. In addition to being Editor in Cheif for Her Campus at Winthrop, she is an honors student, an undergraduate research assistant, a member of the fraternal conduct board, and a sister of Delta Zeta. In her free time, Nicholle enjoys reading, hiking, yoga, and meeting new dogs. When asked what her favorite aspect of Her Campus is, Nicholle replied "I love Her Campus because if has helped me learn to not only find my own voice, but to use it to connect with so many people I wouldn't have met otherwise." 
Winthrop University is a small, liberal arts college in Rock Hill, SC.