All About The Peacemaker- Enneagram Type 9

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

The first time I had ever heard of a personality type was in my psychology class sophomore year of high school. It was the Myers-Briggs test, and after receiving my results, I wasn’t completely convinced that personality tests were all that accurate. Some things did apply to me, but I thought these types were just more of a basic generalization. 

As I got older and learned more about myself, I noticed more of the characteristics of my Myers-Briggs personality type in myself. I started to believe in my results more, and before I knew it, everyone seemed to be talking about their personality types. During my sophomore year of college, there was lots of emphasis on something called “The Enneagram Quiz” All of my friends were asking me what my enneagram type was, so I decided to give in and take the test. To my surprise, my results were spot on. Honestly, it was scary how some simple questions could describe me so well. My enneagram type- Type 9: The Peacemaker– displayed so much about myself.

Synopsis:

Type Nines are known as “The Peacemakers.” We are characterized by refraining from conflict and hoping everything always goes smoothly. We have a basic desire to have inner stability and peace of mind, and a fear of loss and separation. Type Nines, at their best, are quite accepting, and they are able to bring people together and promote harmony in their environment.

Positive Traits:

1. Accepting

2. Harmonious

3. Optimistic

4. Open-minded

5. Empathetic

Type Nines are gentle people who would like nothing more than to maintain the peace around them. They are trusting and see the best in anyone, and believe that everything will work out in the end. 

Negative Traits:

1. Complacent

2. Indecisive

3. Stubborn

4. Low self-worth

5. Unmotivated

Although type Nines are dedicated to encouraging peacefulness around them, they tend to overlook themselves in the process, which can lead to conflict within themselves. 

Famous Type Nines:

1. Morgan Freeman

2. Walt Disney

3. Queen Elizabeth II

4. Zooey Deschanel

5. Audrey Hepburn

Type Nines are the last type of the enneagrams, so they are said to display characteristics of all of the other types. Nines can have the strength of Eights, the sense of fun of Sevens, the responsibility of Sixes, the scholarliness of Fives, the creativity of Fours, the attractiveness of Threes, the generosity of Twos, and the idealism of Ones. 

Type Nines are typically friendly people that make good companions, and if you happen to be friends with one, make sure they know that their opinion is valued and their voice deserves to be heard.

megan ploch

Winthrop '21

Hi! My name is Megan, and I am a junior biology major at Winthrop University. In addition to being a member of Her Campus, I am a sister of Delta Zeta. I love all things NYC, music, and beauty.
Winthrop University is a small, liberal arts college in Rock Hill, SC.