etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

All About The Achiever – Enneagram Type 3

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

In case you haven’t already heard, Collegiettes, enneagrams have become ~super~ popular over the last year! Very similar to following your horoscope or your Myers-Briggs personality type, your enneagram type helps explain why you are the way that you are, how you thrive in relationships, your flaws, your inner desires, and so much more. I am obsessed. There are 9 different types, and after taking several of the free online enneagram tests, I found that I am type 3 – The Achiever. And it explains SO much. 

The Good Things

Typically, type threes are very motivated, goal-oriented, and driven. And I must say, having those traits has definitely paid off for me. I accomplish majority of the goals that I set out to reach because I am so internally motivated to be the best version of myself that I can be. This inner drive of mine has pushed me to make good grades, stand out as a leader in group settings, and just to make things happen and get things done. Sometimes I really love this about myself. I have become such a strong and independent person because of it. 

The Not So Good Things

The constant drive to be successful can also backfire. I would be lying if I said it hasn’t backfired on me before. Achievers, like myself, sometimes take on way too much than they can realistically handle. At times I won’t allow myself to just relax because I feel like I just need to be doing something productive. It is definitely a struggle to stop adding more to my plate and to take some time for myself. As much as I need to see myself as a successful person, I also want others to see me be great, too. This is tiring. I’ve always remained true to myself, and I’m not a crowd-follower whatsoever, but I will admit that I work hard to prove myself to others. And there is absolutely no way that you can please everyone. 

Famous Enneagram Type Threes

There are so many celebrities of every different enneagram types. I may be biased, but there are some pretty awesome famous type threes:

• Tom Cruise
  • Michael Jordan
  • Lady Gaga
  • Paul McCartney
  • Madonna
  • Reba McEntire
  • Elvis Presley
  • Will Smith
  • Oprah Winfrey

This list just barely scratches the surface. I hype myself at even the thought that Elvis and I have something in common. 

For my fellow Achievers, try to remember that you deserve a break, and your worth is not based on your accomplishments. I have to remind myself of this more often than I’d like to admit.  If you aren’t sure of your enneagram type, take a few minutes out of your day to take a test and find out! It is life-changing. You will find out so much more about yourself!

Chastity is a Corporate Finance student at Winthrop University in Rock Hill, SC. While she's building her career as a business professional, she loves to cook, bake, read, and paint in her free time. Her obessions include, but are certainly not limited to - Jesus; her Yorkie pup, Max; Christmas; One Tree Hill; and holiday decorations. You can follow her on Instagram @chas.jones :)
Winthrop University is a small, liberal arts college in Rock Hill, SC.