Affordable Halloween Attractions In The Greater Charlotte Area

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

For those of us who are new to Winthrop or haven’t had a chance to explore the greater Rock Hill area, making plans this Halloween may be a tad bit difficult. It’s always hard coming to a new place and not really knowing what recreational activities there are, let alone which of those activities are not only easily accessible.

In addition to finding accessible Halloween attractions, it’s also important to keep in mind the cost of attending such events. Most college students, myself included, are on a fairly strict budget, and aren’t willing to shell out a ton of cash just to have a little bit of spooky fun. 

With these points in mind, I’d like to present some of what I believe to be the most promising and affordable Halloween attractions in the greater Charlotte/Rock Hill area. 

1. The Haunted Mill

Who doesn’t want to tour a 120 year old, potentially haunted mill? The best part is, it’s about 30 minutes from Winthrop’s campus AND adult tickets only cost $16. Click here for more info. 

2. Booger Jim’s Hollow

Haunted trail with a historic backstory? Sign me up! Tickets for $15 now through October 31st. Click here for more info. 

3. The 13th Acre

Located in Monroe, NC, this haunted walking trail is sure to put you in the Halloween spirit. Open every weekend from now until Halloween, general admission tickets are only $11 for adults. Click here for more info. 

4. Queen City Ghost Tours

Spend a night touring some of Uptown Charlotte’s most haunted areas! Adult tickets from $15. Click here for more info. 

5. Dr. Evil’s Haunted Houses

6 years in the making, one million dollars invested, and 8 haunted events for only $17 ($2 and $3 coupons available on the website). Click here for more info. 

No matter which attraction you choose to check out, prepare to be spooked, collegiettes!

Nicholle Lewis

Winthrop '20

Nicholle is a junior biology major with a minor in psychology and Winthrop University. In addition to being Editor in Cheif for Her Campus at Winthrop, she is an honors student, an undergraduate research assistant, a member of the fraternal conduct board, and a sister of Delta Zeta. In her free time, Nicholle enjoys reading, hiking, yoga, and meeting new dogs. When asked what her favorite aspect of Her Campus is, Nicholle replied "I love Her Campus because if has helped me learn to not only find my own voice, but to use it to connect with so many people I wouldn't have met otherwise." 
Winthrop University is a small, liberal arts college in Rock Hill, SC.