Adorable Pets to Get You Through Finals (or Other Stressful Times)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

As we all know, finals have managed to (once again) sneak up on us – I know, gross.

This is a very stressful time for all college students and it is important to always remember to take a deep breath, relax and not worry. I know that it is definitely easier said than done so in order to help some of you distract yourselves even for just a couple of minutes, I have decided to work on this article that focuses on… PETS! Many people have kindly reached out to me and submitted photos of their cute and cuddly pets and I hope that they bring you as much joy as they have brought to their owners!

Enjoy and of course… GOOD LUCK ON YOUR FINALS!!!

Sparrow is 10 year old Maltese Poodle who loves to dress up for Halloween and spend most of his time napping! Photo Credit: Ingrid Banuelos

Butchee, a 12 year old beagle with the heart and soul of a young pup! Photo Credit: Shelby Beal

Deborah, a 2 year old cat who is basically a very angry teen. Photo Credit: Shelby Beal

This is Kumey! Ugh, precious!!! Photo Credit: Ariel Flores

This is Smokey! She is about 10 years old and her owner, Emily Murphy (whose toe is pictured above) rescued her when she was in the fifth grade! Photo Credit: Emily Murphy

Reagan wearing a hat, can Reagan be any cuter?! Photo Credit: Jordan Youngdahl

This is Zo, she’s 1.5 and her owner, Dani Lilley says she’s the best cat ever! Photo Credit: Dani Lilley

Lucy is a 2 year old pup! Her owner, Ashley-Renee Robinson, worked at the animal shelter where Lucy was. Ashley says Lucy definitely chose her, and has provided Lucy with a loving home! Photo Credit: Ashley-Renee Robinson

This is Izzy, who is 8 but still acts like a puppy. She is full of life and joy. Photo Credit: Isabella Rodriguez

Duncan is a feisty, chubby, 15 pound and 11 year old Tabby/Maincoon mixed cat. His owner has had him since he was six weeks old! Photo Credit: Angelie Anton

Sweet Copper is an 8 year old Golden Retriever/Bloodhound mix! Photo Credit: Emily Brazinski

This is Kenda, he sits on the back of couches like a cat, wakes you up by jumping on the most inconvenient parts of your body and sits in your lap because he thinks he’s a Chihuahua. Photo Credit: Alexis Fallon Lee

This is Madeline Sunshine (or Maddie for short) and her owner, Jessica! Maddie is about to be 13! Happy birthday Maddie! Photo Credit: Jessica Van Cleave

Pictured above is Penny, a beautiful beagle and her owner Allison! Photo Credit: Allison Snipes

Looks like there’s some owner competition! Beautiful Penny was featured again by her other owner, Ethan! Looks like you’re very loved Penny! Photo Credit: Ethan Snipes

Pictured above is Winnie, a pitbull puppy (precious) and her owner Hannah! Hannah says that Winnie is the love of her life! Photo Credit: Hannah Julia Rimmer

Meka is a Toy Australian Shepherd who loves to play catch and hang out with her puppy boyfriend! Photo Credit: Blake McCloskey

This is Callie, also known as Cal Pal! She likes to snuggle and she will turn 1 in a couple of months! Happy early birthday Cal Pal! Photo Credit: Elize Miramontes

Toffee is a 15 year old mini Dachshund! Isn’t she just adorable?! Photo Credit: Lexie DeMoya

Trigger is an energetic lil pup that loves to play with others! You can always find him by his trusty owner, Joey Sanchez’s side. Photo Credit: Yvette Sanchez

This is Abby! One word: CUUUTE!!!! Photo Credit: Trent Chantemerle

Look at this lovely pup Lily! Photo Credit: Catherine Lowe

Rosie (left) is a German Shepherd mix and Rudy (right) is a smooth Collie Terrier! They’re ready for Christmas (and so are we!!!) Photo Credit: Ann Marie Langrehr

Tia is a 3 year old pup who used to be a junk-yard dog before finding a loving home with Victor! Photo Credit: Victor Hernandez

Meet Sheldon!!! Photo Credit: Amy Jimenez

Goldie’s a beautiful Buff hen who enjoyed roaming around the yard and picking on one of her owners, Bryant. Photo Credit: Dena McCloskey

Meet George. He is half American Short Hair and Russian Siberian! Photo Credit: Cassie Bilkovsky

Meet Kitty San, a 9 year old American Shorthair Tuxedo! Her owner says that with saving Kitty from being killed at a pound, Kitty has saved her from insanity and some dark times. She loves her kitty and owes her her life! We’re so happy you two have each other, Emily! Photo Credit: Emily Star

Lucy is nice and snuggled up! Don’t you just want to snuggle up beside her?! Photo Credit: Skye Caterina

This lovely baby is Paris, unfortunately she passed a couple of years ago but her owner says that she is still her baby. We miss you Paris! Photo Credit: Diana Vega

Meet RJ (short for Riley Jr.) He is the son of Samantha’s beloved Riley and her other baby Mittens! Photo Credit: Samantha Burg

Toothless is cuddled up beside his owner Chelsey! Photo Credit: Chelsey Bolin

Bear sure seems to be loving on Chelsey! Can’t go wrong with puppy kisses! Photo Credit: Chelsey Bolin

Paisley is a sweet pup that loves to have her belly rubbed! Photo Credit: Chelsey Bolin

Zoey looks so good in that hat! Photo Credit: Dasani Johansen

Meet Nox! Just look at that sweet face! Photo Credit: Michelle Thompson

Sugar looks absolutely adorable while sleeping, wish that I could be doing the same! Photo Credit: Sierra Reynolds

Frankie sure is rockin’ that sweater! Photo Credit: Sierra Reynolds

Shaka is just simply BEAUTIFUL! Photo Credit: Sierra Reynolds

Dakota, stunning! Photo Credit: Minerva Hernandez

Dessy has the cutest puppy face! Try saying no to that one. Photo Credit: Minerva Hernandez

This is Spike! Ugh wish I could keep him myself! Photo Credit: Vanessa Rodriguez

Look at Charlie! He’s our love too, Cheyenne! Photo Credit: Cheyenne Sherbert

Meet Axl! His body might be tiny but his bark sure is mighty! Photo Credit: Gwen Mauney

What are you doing in there, Lila?! Photo Credit: Gwen Mauney

Sweet sweet Nibbler! Photo Credit: Veronica Sanchez

Looks like Harley has a gift for mom! Photo Credit: Jessica Reid

Effy is just too cute! Photo Credit: Morgan Wooles

Meet Murray! LOVE!!!! Photo Credit: Taylor Richardson

Mabelle is pictured with her owner, Brianna! Aren’t they just so cute?! Photo Credit: Brianna Nicole Rae

Toonces is too cute for words! Photo Credit: Dominique Gadsden

Thank you to everyone who sent in photos, your pets are celebrities now! Hope these cute lil pets brightened your day! Time to go ace your finals! Good luck…from the women of Her Campus at Winthrop and these awesome pets! 

Itzel Lara

Winthrop '20

Itzel Lara is a junior Social Studies Education major at Winthrop! She has hopes of becoming a high school teacher, and work her way up to teaching at a university! She has been a staff writer for Her Campus Winthrop for 3 years! One of the many reasons why Itzel loves Her Campus is because of the love that everyone has for one another – Her Campus has been a home away from home for her. She is originally from Los Angeles, California and relocated to South Carolina to continue her education. She is absolutely obsessed with giraffes! She loves exploring new places - especially waterfalls! If she's not binge watching something on Netflix then she's probably napping or hanging out with her dog, Jasper! Follow her on instagram (@ItzelCeleste_)! 
Winthrop University is a small, liberal arts college in Rock Hill, SC.