9 Reasons Why We Love Zayn Malik Even More After He Left One Direction

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

Whether you’re a One Direction fan or not, heartbreak still hit America pretty hard when we got the news that Zayn Malik was leaving the band. At the time, it seemed to be the end of an era, but to our surprise it turned out to be a great new start for Zayn–and his fan base. 

Since he’s left, we’ve seen him start his journey to becoming a well-respected solo artist, focusing on his personal life more, and have even seen him try to live life as a normal human being.

But of course, there are plenty more reasons! 

Here are the 9 Reasons Why We Love Zayn Malik Even More now that he’s left 1D. 

He’s finally gaining some weight.

He’s always had the bad boy look down, but now that he’s putting on some weight and getting more muscle, it shows that he’s officially out of the boy band because man oh man now he’s a man!

He got a hot nose piercing.

Zayn has been a bad boy since day one, but this totally solidifies his image. 

He signed to a new record label (we can expect an album from him soon).

You can’t deny it–you always used to listen in each song for Zayn’s part to come on! But now he’s releasing a whole album of his solo work and we can’t be more pumped!

He broke off his engagement with Perrie Edwards.

Perrie Edwards is GORGEOUS–which makes the breakup that much genuine. He clearly is looking for true love and not just basing it off looks. Unfortunately ladies he’s still not single.

We get to admire his constant hair color changes.

Clearly Zayn is going through a very, very, very bad boy stage right now…but hey, we still love him! Just…try and stay with a normal hair color buddy! 

He is very active on Twitter.

There’s just something about celebrities tweeting that makes their fans feel more connected to them. We love to be updated in his life, and truly will support him through anything! 

Those solo vocals are life!

Zayn Malik concerts and/or meet and greets bring tears to our eyes.

Just imagine how much more emotional we’re going to be when it’s his solo concert…*cue the buckets of tears*.

He’s showing his personal life way more than he used to. 

Kind of like the whole Twitter thing, we love seeing celebs do normal things in their personal lives! It makes them way more connectable and loveable…however, I never really had a problem loving Zayn! 

Zayn we can’t wait to see what your solo career brings with that angelic voice. You keep doing you! 

I am a Sophomore, Social Work major at Winthrop University. I am from Columbia SC. I enjoy crafting, watching television, fashion, music and being the head of my organization i created on campus, the Music Lovers Club. I want to work on a Native American reservation after obtaining my masters because i am very passionate about human rights and culture.
Winthrop University is a small, liberal arts college in Rock Hill, SC.