This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

We all know that being a college student is expensive and trying to keep up with the best makeup trends does not help the budget at all. Through my experience and endless research of YouTube videos, Pinterest suggestions, and personal fails and successes, I’ve found some cheap makeup dupes that are just as good as the real deal. Check out some affordable cosmetics that any college student can buy!

NYX Cosmetics

Lip Lingerie Lipstick ($6.99), Soft Matte Lipstick ($5.29), Eyebrow Pencil ($4.29).NYX has great formulas for their liquid sticks to make them long lasting and long wear through out the long day. All can be found at your local Target, Walmart, Ulta, or drugstore.

Maybelline New York 

Fit Me! Matte and poreless foundation (retail at Target $4.99), Color Jolt- intense lip paint ($6.99), Baby skin (Primer) – instant pore eraser ($5.99),and Instant Age Rewind- Treatment Concealer. Maybelline is an amazing brand and has a lot of excellent products; they can be found at Target, Walmart, and your local drugstores.

E.L.F Cosmetics

Illuminating Palette ($6.00), Eyeshadow Primer ($1.99), and their Brushes ($.99-$2.99). E.L.F. is great brand with low price items. They never dissapoint! Most items can be found at Target, Walmart, and most drug stores.

Wet n’ Wild

Mega Volume Plus Mascara ($4.29), and Color Icon Ombre Blusher ($4.99)

L.A. Girl Cosmetics

Pro. Conceal ($2.99) is amazing! This product can be found in your local beauty shop, it might be hard to find but it is well worth search.

CoverGirl

TruNaked Eyeshadow Palette ($12.99 Walgreens), and Advanced Radiance Age Defying- Pressed powder Creamy Natural ($11.49 Walgreens). CoverGirl has it’s ups and downs but these products are awesome. Don’t be turn-off by the name, this press powder produces seemless lines and helps foundation stay in place all day! The TruNaked palette is basically the Urban Decay Naked palettes, a complete dupe and saves you a lot of money. (Everyone is obsessed with the new CoverBoy too, James Charles)

Now for some online hidden gems!

Colourpop

Ultra Matte Lip ($6.00), and Lippie stix ($5.00). I cannot tell express this enough, COLOURPOP is the best brand I have ever tried! The liquid lipsticks, lippie stixs, lip liner, eyeshadows, and highlighters are all great. They have great deals all the time! (The same company makes Kylie Cosmetics so thats great too because you’re basically wearing Kylie Cosmetics)

Morphe Brushes

Eyeshadow Palettes ($9.99-22.99), Brushes ($5.99-27.99). Most youtube makeup gurus have these brushes and talk about them all the time. They are excellent brushes and their eyeshadow palettes are great for any occasion. The 350 palette is a must have and well worth the price.

BH Cosmetics

Eyeshadow Palettes ($8.50-16.00),  Contour & Blush Palette ($13.50). BH cosmetics spectular with their low price items but great quality products. The brushes are great and rthe eyeshadow palettes gorgeous.

I hope this article helps everyone find great dupes and life long love products. Now go out and buy all the makeup, collegiettes!

Katherine “Kat” is a freshman Early Childhood Education major, and a proud mother of two cats (Zena and Queen Bey). She loves cats and makeup; you will most likely find her at Ulta or Target searching for new lipsticks and eyeshadows to spend all her money on. Kat also loves reading and constantly has her iBooks open ready to read when the moment arises. Follow her on twittert: @katattack17.
Winthrop University is a small, liberal arts college in Rock Hill, SC.